22~ The Bridezilla

______________________
Wordcount: around 6200
_________________________

"That's a pretty necklace, honey," Kate complimented. "Where'd you get it?"

Siri looks down at the little gold seashell on her chest where she smiles fondly as she touches it. "Jungkook bought it for me. He said it's an early birthday gift."

Siri and her mother were getting ready for Ana's wedding in Kate's hotel room while Jungkook was getting ready in his and Siri's room. Siri needed her mother's help with her hair and told Jungkook she would meet him downstairs.

Kate's eyes light up at the mention of Jungkook getting her daughter the necklace. "Well that was nice of him. And the fact that it's a seashell necklace? This boy pays attention," she nods approvingly.

Kate adored the idea of Siri and Jungkook together. Each time she saw them looking at each other, or heard something about him that impressed her, she so badly wanted to tell her daughter to 'just date him already!'

But good things come to those who wait.

"Well, look at you now!" Kate exclaimed with joy. "You are so beautiful, sweetie. Jungkook is going to fall in love with you in this dress!" Kate finishes the final touch of Siri's hair and kisses her forehead.

Siri's heart raced with excitement and nervousness as she really wanted to see the look on Jungkook's face. She also blushed when hearing her mother say 'Jungkook is going to fall in love with you.'

But then she remembered what Jungkook told her a couple nights ago. About how he doesn't want to fall in love, and it made her heart sink.

"He doesn't even want to fall in love though, mum. He told me this a couple nights ago. Said uni is the time to experiment and have lots of sex to get it out of the system before the 'right one' comes along. Obviously that isn't me, otherwise he wouldn't have said that, right?"

Kate frowns the slightest as she didn't realise Jungkook said something like that to Siri. She thinks it's just words he wants to believe, but his actions towards Siri definitely say otherwise. And actions speak much louder than words.

Kate didn't want her daughter to lose hope. "Well he may have said all that, but that doesn't mean he can stop his feelings from happening."

"That's pretty much what I said to him." Siri gives her mother a small smile while her mother pouts sympathetically. "It's okay, mum. Being friends with the occasional benefits will just have to be enough for me. It's better this way since he wants to keep sleeping around."

We're just friends. It's better this way.

But then why is Jungkook looking at me like I'm his sun, moon, and the stars?? As if I'm something amazing?

That's because to him, she is amazing.

Jungkook was waiting downstairs for Siri where he was dressed smartly with his hair all sleek and short, wearing a black dress shirt underneath a dark grey suit jacket and matching pants. When Siri came out of the elevator, she was dressed in a tight fitting, off the shoulder baby pink dress.

 When Siri came out of the elevator, she was dressed in a tight fitting, off the shoulder baby pink dress