36~ Love is a Choice

______________________
Wordcount: ~5150
______________________

______________________Wordcount: ~5150______________________

Love is not always patient or kind. It can be toxic, cruel, chaotic, confusing, and disappointing. Sometimes, love is fleeting. Sometimes it's forever. Sometimes, love can fail you. And sometimes, love isn't enough.

No relationship is perfect. Sometimes you have to fight a few battles, jump through a few hoops, or break down some walls in order to get that happily ever after.

Love isn't just a feeling, it's a journey, and when the honeymoon phase is over, love is a choice.

The choice to stay and work through the tough times, or to walk away.

Siri is choosing to wait.

Despite her heart feeling broken and betrayed, despite her mind telling her to run and never look back, she's choosing to wait for Jungkook.

She's choosing to wait for him because when they first got together, she agreed she wouldn't jump to conclusions. She agreed to get his side of things before she makes up her mind. Even though the evidence is against him and there is proof of his betrayal, Siri is choosing to give Jungkook a chance to explain.

It also helped that the real estate agents, Jiyoon and Somin, advised Siri to hear her boyfriend out first. When they saw her look of distress, both ladies were concerned for Siri and asked what was wrong. They couldn't help but glance at her phone at the time and caught sight of the kissing photo while she was too stunned to speak or move.

Jiyoon, being like Jungkook's aunt, pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes at the photos while she thought, 'what the hell has that boy gotten himself into?' It was definitely something she was going to talk about with his mother later.

Another reason Siri is choosing to give Jungkook a chance, is because it was her evil little sister who sent her the photos, and Siri doesn't trust her sister.

This situation is also different from when she caught Jackson cheating. He and Ana had been hiding their little affair for a month, and Siri happened to catch them on her birthday because the fuckers couldn't keep it in their pants.

But Jungkook's situation? Well, when Siri really thinks about it, it's too public. If Jungkook was going to cheat, he wouldn't do it where people they know could easily catch him; in a mall, out in the open, and in broad daylight. At least Siri hopes he wouldn't do that. She's choosing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

And so, she waits for him to get to her apartment.

Jungkook raced home— home being her, of course. He raced so fast just like his heart did. He was desperate to get to her and explain. He weaved between cars and even rode through a few red lights because he had nothing else on his mind except her.