26~ We Can't Be Friends

Siri woke up to Jackson making her bacon and scrambled eggs, just the way he remembers she likes them. Last night's final kiss and cuddles in bed were long forgotten, and they were now back to being 'friends.'

As they sit next to each other while eating, Jackson asks Siri what she's going to do about Jungkook.

Siri shrugs, feeling dejected at the thought of him, "Cut him out of my life, I guess..."

"Don't you wanna try talking to him? See what he feels for you? What about everything you guys did this weekend?"

"Didn't think you'd be on his side, Jackie," Siri muses.

"I'm not on his side. It's just... it looked like you both had a good connection. I'm pretty sure he has feelings for you."

"It was all a lie, though..." Siri feels even more disheartened after saying that. "He played his fake boyfriend role very well. And even if we did have some sort of a connection, it obviously didn't mean much to him. If he had any feelings for me, he wouldn't have moved onto another girl so quickly."

Considering the way Jungkook acted with Siri all weekend, it was hard for Jackson to believe Jungkook slept with another girl so soon after her. The guy looked like he was totally in love, as if Siri held the stars in the sky and that's why there were galaxies in his eyes.

Jackson wasn't convinced Siri should cut Jungkook off, but he couldn't exactly tell her to keep seeing the guy, especially with the facts she gave him. In the end, Jackson could only offer his support with Siri's decision.

After finishing their breakfast, the exes hug and part ways as friends, but Siri leaves Jackson's place with a heaviness in her chest.

When she gets into her car, Siri checks her phone where she sees a bunch of messages from Jungkook. Each text she reads makes her heart heavier because she could tell he cares for her. It's just that she thinks it's all platonic, just him being a good friend. After all, he doesn't want to fall in love yet.

She doesn't really know if she wants to be his friend anymore.

It takes Siri a few days to decide what she wants to do while she limits contact with Jungkook. She stays with her mum for the rest of mid-semester break so he can't go over to her place, and she tells Yoongi to lie that she isn't working if he comes into their workplace.

Siri's mother, Kate, tells her upfront that she's being ridiculous for practically running away and hiding from Jungkook.

"Honey, Jungkook likes you! He adores you—"

"How do you know?" The daughter cuts off her mother, her entire being filled with doubt. "Did he tell you?"

"Not those words exactly, but he did tell me he had some sort of feelings for you. When he and I danced, he could only look at you. Last weekend his eyes were only for you."

Siri rolls her eyes, "And yet a few hours after he and I parted ways, he had a girl in his home. She was wearing his shirt, drinking his favourite drink, and her neck was all covered in hickies!"

Kate was surprised to hear that. Just like Jackson wasn't convinced Jungkook could sleep with another girl, Kate was also unconvinced. It just didn't make any sense.

Siri sighs, feeling dejected once again. "I've told you before, mum. He likes me for the sex, and he got it. But I guess I wasn't enough for him."

Kate stays silent while she thinks about everything. She didn't know what to make of Siri seeing a girl in Jungkook's home. It really didn't look good on his part.