Chapter 40

I drive through the streets to try and find the path that we went on a walk on the other day.

But I'm hungry.

I stop at a fast food place and order some nuggets and chips.

I'm not hungry enough to be able to eat a burger or something.

I'm almost embarrassed ordering it.

I wait on the side for my order and once my number is called I walk up to the counter and grab it.

I open the bag and take out my nuggets but  for some fucking reason my chips aren't there.

Is it that fucking hard?

I walk back into the store and unto the man who stands at the counter.

"My chips aren't in there" I tell him and he rolls his eyes at me

"Show me" He says and I squint my eyes at him and scrunch my face

"how the fuck am I meant to show you if I don't have them?" I say getting annoyed at the way he's speaking to me

" So you ate them?" He raises his eyebrows at me

This little fucker. I'm going to slap him

I smile at him and walk back to my food.

I eat my nuggets and then walk out and around the back until I find a back door.

I unlock it and walk in to the security room and disable the cameras.

I then walk into the area with the food and approach the worker who served me.

I grab him by his collar and  he yells as I drag him out like the dog he is.

He doesn't shut his mouth the entire walk until we are in the bush on the side of the  street and no-one can hear him.

"You know, if your luck wasn't so shitty and you just gave me my chips we wouldn't be here right now." I grunt as I pull him against a tree.

"I'm.. I'm sorry" He sputters as he tries to get away from me.

"Oh, but you're not, you're only sorry that you're going to die" I smile at him and the fear in his eyes is hilarious.

"I... I.." His words are cut short when I pull out my gun.

"Listen to this, I was kissed last night, by the guy who I used to hate and I don't know what it mean't but I know It won't end well and now I'm avoiding him, I'm ignoring it but I'm only going to make things worse, and then you come along with you're attitude and annoy me even fucking more" I explain to him and he looks at me horrified and confused

"Anyways now you're going to die so momento mori or whatever" I continue before I turn on the silencer and shoot him in the chest.

I watch as the life drains from his body and blood seeps through his shirt.

It almost camouflages with the colour of his shirt and I pick up his body and start walking.

I struggle a little trying to carry his body deeper into the bush and stop when I think I'm a safe distance.

I take out my lighter and flick it open before I drop it on his body.

This I have found is the most effective way to get rid of bodies.

I watch as the flames slowly devour him and his flesh is slowly eaten by the fire.

The smell is disgusting but I wait until his body is turned to ash and the fire slowly dies along with the remains of his soul.

_________________________________

Within an hour I'm back at the house.

I open the door, and throw the keys on the table before I walk up the stairs to my room.

I jump onto my bed and call Isabelle.

Answer.

The line rings out.

Fuck time differences.

I sit up and get off my bed, checking the time on my phone, 4 pm.

I hear the front door open and close,  I freeze.

Zayden is already inside.

I pull out my gun and walk out of my room, moving slowly down the stairs. I keep my gun in-front of me.

I check the kitchen, and the living room, then I move to the dining room and my gun hits the back of the figure who is instantly infant of me.

They turn around and I drop it the second I see Alexanders tentative smile.

"Ariana"  I roll my eyes at him

"What are you doing here?" I pack away my gun 

" I'm here for you of course" His sarcasm makes me laugh 

"I knew you missed me " I shove him and now it's his turn to roll his eyes 

" Zayden knows I'm here" he tells me and I nod my head

He gives me a weird look and I shrug my shoulders.

"Alexander" Zayden interrupts us from the entrance of the room and I freeze.

"yea" he looks at him and back at me 

"Lets go" He nods his head to the side and exits the room.

"see you later" Alexander tells me before following zayden

Once I know they're both in a different area of the house I groan.

Now we are back to stage 1.

I'm back to stage one with the person I would've been married too.

That thought is ludicrous.

But I'm not.

I'm not.

And you know what it doesn't matter what would've been, what could've been, because this is what is. This is the outcome of all our actions and nothing will change this.

Not that kiss, not what he said to me, not the way I felt.

 Nothing. 

____________________

double update because I'm making us wait longer for them to be together 😭

Word count:903