42 Missing him

Akshit pov:
As I lay on the bed, waiting for Avanya to finish her skin care routine, I couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions.

Tomorrow's the day I leave for Jaipur, and I know Avanya's sad about it - her eyes betray her attempts to hide it.

When she finally joined me, after doing her skin care, I wrapped my arms around her, burying my face in her chest as she massaged my scalp with her fingers.

"Will you miss me?" I asked, tightening my hold. She teased,
"What do you think?" I pouted, "I don't know, tell me!"

She finally admitted, "Yes, I'll miss you a lot." I smiled, pecking her cheeks and lips.

Time flew by, and before I knew it, the day of my departure arrived. As I finished packing, I went downstairs to find Avanya sitting with our family, her smile not quite reaching her eyes. I felt a pang in my heart, knowing she's trying to be strong for me.

I sought blessings from my father, hugged my mother and bua, and received their well-wishes.

My mom reminded me to take care of myself, eat on time, sleep well, and avoid stress. I chuckled and hugged her again, kissing her head.

After bidding farewell to my family, I turned to Avanya and asked, "Shall we go?" She nodded, and we headed out with Harshit, Divya, and Avanya accompanying me to the airport.

My personal assistant would meet me there. As we walked, I glanced at Avanya, her eyes locked on mine, and I knew this separation wouldn't be easy for either of us.

As we drove to the airport, the tension in the air was palpable. Avanya remained silent, her fingers intertwined with mine, her eyes fixed on our hands.

I rubbed her hands with my thumb, trying to comfort her. When we arrived, Harshit and Divya got out of the car, followed by us. I nodded to my personal assistant, who was waiting for us.

As we stood outside the airport, I hugged Harshit and gave Divya a side hug. "Take care of her, she's sad," I whispered, my eyes locked on Avanya.

Harshit nodded reassuringly, "We're in this together." He then turned to Avanya and said something that made her smile, before taking Divya with him, leaving us alone.

My personal assistant excused himself to handle the check-in process. I cupped Avanya's cheeks, my fingers tracing her skin.

"I'll be back before you know it," I whispered, my lips inches from hers. I kissed her slowly, savoring every moment, every taste, every sensation. She smiled, her eyes shining with tears, and hugged me tightly.

✨🌈✨

Avanya pov:

Finally! The wait is over, today akshit will come back. This time was so difficult. I realised that I can't live without him for a second.

Next time, I'm going with him . I can't live here when he is not with me. I am so excited today I'll see him, hug him, kiss him, lov-

Well, I finally realised that I love him. Yes, I'm in love with my husband. His love, his care, his gentle nature and everything made me fall for him.

And it's such a beautiful feeling when I realize how much I love him.

Flashback:

As  lay on my stomach, gazing at the photo of Akshit and me on my phone, my fingers tracing his face as if longing to touch him. I felt an ache in my heart, missing him terribly.