Vol.20 Ch.3: The End of Preparations

The day of the Valkyries vs. StormBlitz match has finally come.

For the past two weeks, the Valkyries studied their opponents from top to bottom, squeezing out every possible bit of information from the available replays. And, at the same time, they also continued honing their individual skills to leave no weak spots in their formation.

Now, it was time to show their newly gained skill on the competitive stage. They had already faced one embarrassing defeat in ProCenter, but they had every intention of making up for it today. At least, most of them were confident about that...

"Ugh, I don't feel so good..." Lua held her stomach. Her face was pale as a sheet. It wouldn't be strange to see her collapse at any moment.

If this were the first time it happened, then Fiona would have assumed the worst. After all, one sick player would immediately disqualify the entire team when there were no substitutes available.

Of course, unlike sports that placed a physical burden on the players, it was perhaps a little more passable to force a sick teammate to play in esports. However, doing so will surely not lead to a fruitful game for either side. Only the stronger team has the luxury of playing with such a handicap, and even then it was a bad idea.

Therefore, by all accounts, Fiona should have announced the Valkyries' forfeit. That is if Lua was truly sick. However, after the experience of the previous scrim, it was clear that Lua's issues lay elsewhere.

"You appear just as shaky as you did last time, my dear flower," Andria spoke to Lua using her usual theatrics. "Does the grand stage overwhelm you yet again?"

"P-Probably..." Lua had a seizure as she said that. Just thinking about playing on that huge stage sent shivers across her body.

In short, Lua's symptoms were caused by stage fright. The same exact thing happened during the Leopards scrim as well. Back then, Fiona was a few steps away from making the team forfeit.

Fortunately, as a member of the drama club, Andria had plenty of experience with freshmen who went through similar ordeals. The symptoms always looked grave at first, but it was usually possible to calm down the patient with the right words.

"There is no need to be so nervous, my dear flower," Andria spoke softly, almost whispering into Lua's ear. "You have practiced plenty over the past couple of weeks. There is absolutely no reason why you should fear these opponents."

"That is true," Fiona tuned in. "I can personally attest that each and every one of you has worked hard over the past month. We are not the same newbie team we were during the previous scrim."

"R-Right!" Lua nodded strongly. She knew all that in her head, but it sounded a hundred times more convincing when the Landberht Princess came out and said it out loud.

"Likewise, there is also no reason to be afraid of the crowd, my dear flower," Andria spoke gently. "Those who came here today to watch this bout will not be interested in criticizing your performance. Right now, all their eyes are focused on StormBlitz."

"Yes, that makes sense," Lua agreed, her tone now sounded more relaxed than before. Some of the usual colors returned to her cheeks, though she still wasn't looking 100%.

At the same time, Andria's words also sparked a flame in the other members. "So, they all think we're gonna the back dancers here today, huh," Karen shook her head. "I say we show them who's the real boss! Let's smoke StormBlitz!"

"I agree with you for once!" Cornelia nodded strongly. "These peasants have no right to look down on our noble team!"

"Wait, so now the entire team is considered 'noble'?"