Chapter 60

Kaitlyn broke the news to Antonio when they were alone and he wasn't mad or upset. He was joyful about the occasion, which took Kaitlyn by surprise.

Alex left with half of their men, but Antonio insisted on staying back with Kaitlyn. She didn't try to stop him or convince him to go back to England. Truth be told, she had an inside fear to take care of another. She thought she was ready then, but she wasn't, and to be ready now still lingered in her inner thoughts.

"Ms. Garcia?" Doctor Kathrine stepped out of her office just as Kaitlyn and Antonio were walking in.

"Dr. Kathrine, this is my father, Antonio Garcia. I'm here regarding the adoption" Kathrine's eyes lit up, and she hurriedly asked,

"Have you made a decision?" Prayers went through her head hoping for a positive answer and when Kaitlyn nodded her head she felt like a 5-year-old on Christmas, "I just finished my shift but that doesn't matter come in" Kaitlyn smiled noticing how electrified the doctor got.

"Papi, you go ahead and sit. I need to clarify a few things with the doctor" she pats her father inside the room and leaves closing the door. Catching up with the thrilled doctor, Kaitlyn stops her mid-way,

"The boy's mother and father need to be erased from the system" she instructs to which the doctor's emotion changes,

"That can't be done, Miss. When it is entered into the system, only the government has access to make changes" she informs, leaving Kaitlyn to bite her lips and think of another way.

"What if the child was pronounced dead?" This made the doctor's jaw drop at her suggestion, but for Kaitlyn, it was a simple thing,

"Uhh..." she stood voiceless,

"I'm sure you have clearness to add to the system about the child passing away" Kaitlyn doesn't ask but tells it as a statement that had the doctor nodding her head yet unsure of it,

"I could try, but how am I to get you the adoption papers set if the child is pronounced dead?"

"Leave the rest to me then. Will I be able to walk out with him today?"

"Umm..." the doctor was still puzzled and nodded unconsciously.

"You're confused right now, but I need you to keep a straight mind. This is all for the child's protection, Dr. Kathrine, it must be this way" Kaitlyn sighs when she sees that the doctor hasn't understood the importance of her situation. Yet how does she make the doctor understand without telling her it was she who killed the boy's father and orphaned him? And that the boy's life is endangered if his true self is revealed to her lover?

"Get me the little one and go finish the paperwork" she orders, leaving Dr. Kathrine to follow behind Kaitlyn.

Kathrine entered the child care and walked into the baby room, carefully scanning the babies asleep. Finding the child without a name, she picks him up and walks outside.

A nearby nurse on duty approaches her and smiles down at him, "geu kkomaeng-i beolsseo ganeunde?" _Is the little guy going already?_ She asks, holding his small hands,

Nervously, the doctor replies, "E-eung, geu salam-iya" _Y-yes he is_

"Eomeo!" _Oh my!_ the nurse exaggerates, holding her chest. She gets excited and hurriedly says, "naega gajog-eul wihae seolyuleul junbihalge" _I'll get the papers ready for the family_

Kathrine panicked and stopped the nurse from running to the registration. If the nurse had gone there would've been a good chance Kaitlyn wouldn't adopt the boy and Kathrine had promised the mother during her final breath the boy would be adopted by her family.