Part 14 (PD Crossover)

It took about 3 hours the CFD to evacuate everyone and put the fire out. Hank was nervous and pissed. Kate had given him the wrong place and that could have cost lives. As he was in thought Mouch came up to him. "Sergeant a word please." He said, Voight could tell by his voice that he was concerned.

" let me guess Randall this is about Trudy?" He asked. " nothing will happen to her, you have my word." Hank knew why Mouch was worried if the patten continued PD would be the next target. Voight knew they had to catch this person soon, and almost on cue he got a message from Kate asking him to meet with her. "Adam run point, I need to meet with my CI."

Hank drove to Jackson park, as soon as his car parked Kate came to him. " you better have a good reason for why you told me the wrong place Katherine."

"I do, they think that there's a mole in their gang, so they probably did the bombing themselves. While telling us the fake evidence." Kate explained. "Hank, the boss never has shown their face."

" why are we doing this Kate, we have video and audio evidence proving that it was a good shoot?" Hank asked. "I show that video to the Deputy Superintendent, your name could be cleared, you could come and work for me as a Detective?"

"Henry, I made peace with the fact that, I'll never be a cop again. the truth is I was always a dirty cop even if my name is cleared do you think that they'd want me back. Anyway I got a message saying to lay low for a bit. Whoever this bastard is going to wait a bit before striking again." Kate said.

" thank you Kate, send me the number. Maybe we can use it to track them." Hank said. " stay safe out there Katherine." He said, but then shots were fired. " get in the car." He ordered which Kate did. " Stay down and away from the windows." He ordered while getting out of his car. " 5021 emergency 10-1 10-1 shots fired at Jackson park, send patrol now." He said into his radio.

" copy that, units on the way."

But then Hank noticed something, " disregard that 10-1, offender is fleeing, no plates." Hank was really pissed. "Call the Feds."

Back at the District Hank assembled the team. " okay listen up, we are dealing with mass terrorism, so the FBI is involved and are sending us someone to help us, be warned they tend to be very aggressive, and heartless."

But then a voice that Hank hadn't heard in years ringed through the room. " wow dad I'm hurt." Everyone turned around to the where the voice came from. " hello everyone, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Hanks daughter Assistant Special Agent in Charge Erin Lindsay-Voight." Hank's  heart skipped a beat, Erin  his adoptive daughter had took his last name. " How much do we know?"

"Absolutely nothing, that's why I called the FBI, two bombings. The Fire Academy and Chicago Med. I have a CI within the gang. Apparently the person at the top isn't known by the members and is laying low, last time I met with my CI we were fired at." Voight lists. " they drove off in an unmarked car."

"Okay Call Sergeant Platt, have the 21st district on lockdown, anyone civilian or  officer must be searched, and any package must be checked carefully." Erin ordered. " Kim and Adam I want you to run PODS on the vehicle that shot at Voight, you two on standby. Hank your office."

Hank and Erin walk into Hank's office and Erin closes the door. " what's up Erin?" Hanks asked but Erin looks disappointed.

" Henry I may have left Chicago years ago. But one thing that I didn't tell you is that I had a CI in Chicago keep me updated on anything important." Erin started. "So would you like to explain to me, why you bailed out Katherine Brennan under a fake name and now you're using her as your CI." Erin said angrily. " but do you know what baffles me the most is that my CI caught you slow dancing with her at the New Year's party?"

" because she's innocent, 3 years ago I found a video with audio of the night Superintendent Brian Kelton was shot." Hank took a deep breath. "In the video Kelton admits to using seized drug money to pay gang members to stand down so he could seem more likeable for Mayor. Then when Kate went to arrest him, he reached for his gun. And that's when Kate shot him. His dying words were " you know what I have over you" he blackmailed Kate into making it look like it was a murder, but the truth is that it was a good shoot. So I bailed her out and requested her to be my CI"

" That still doesn't explain the slow dancing, Dad I saw the video you looked.... Happy, look you can tell me anything. But I need to know is there any conflict of interests between you and Katherine Brennan?" Erin asked and Voight knew what she was implying and the problem was that he didn't know how to answer that, over the 3 years since he bailed Kate out the two of them had gotten close.

"I don't know, that's the honest truth." Hank replied.

Then Adam knocked on the door and then opened it. " Sarge you're never gonna believe this, but the car that shot at you was at Med before the explosion, it's registered to former Assistant Deputy Commissioner Jerry Gorsch."

" son of a bitch. you and Kim head down to Firehouse 51, bring Boden here, and get patrol out there, with a BOLO on Gorsch's car." Hank ordered.

"Copy that." Adam said.

"Oh and someone call DC Hill see if she can spare a radio, so we can track CFD Calls." Voight ordered.

Then something came through the radio that shook Voight, Erin and Adam to their core. " 10-1. 10-1 Sergeant Platt has been shot. I need an Ambulance to the 21st district."