Part 11

"Okay everyone slowly hand over your radios." Casey said.

Slowly; Casey, Severide, Cruz, Capp, Tony, Brett, and Novak placed their radios on the ground and then backed away. Casey and Severide looked at each other, there was no easy way out of this situation without some blood being spilled.

"Okay now get in the fire truck, any funny business blondie dies." The leader said in a threatening tone.

Everyone got into Squad 3, and one of the men cut the radio, and placed it on the window ledge. then closed the door.

" Chief what the hell do we do?" Tony asked quietly. "Because we can't radio for help."

Casey then smiled. " one of the first things that you learn about at the academy when me and Kelly were at the academy is a CFD radio code, as luck would happen I still memorise those codes, you and Capp keep a look out and I'll send the code and we have to pray that someone else remembers the codes."

Back at the firehouse Christopher Herrmann was looking for Boden, he wanted to talk to his old friend, hey Chief could I talk to you." He asked.

Wallace looked up " Lieutenant Herrmann what's up." Boden asked. He had a little hunch as to what he was talking about.

" I don't feel like I've done enough, these last few years of my career, I've made peace with the fact that I'm on borrowed time." Herrmann inhales. " I want to retire as a Captain, so when Casey gets back I'll talk about it with him as well. I want to get promoted."

" Christopher you have done a lot, you've definitely earned it. However will Casey give you the promotion, that I can't say or order him to." Boden sighed. " you'll have to prove yourself to him."

Meanwhile back at the "emergency" Casey was trying to get the sos out however no one was coming. " Kelly, they're coming back, if I have to leave uses codes
4-3-5, 9-6-1 and, 5-5-3." Casey ordered.

" Copy That." Severide said.

Then one of the guys opened the door with his gun drawn. " I want the Chief and the P.I.C to follow me." He ordered.

Casey and Brett proceed to get out of Squad 3 and follow the guy, and Severide starts using the codes he was ordered to.

Back at Firehouse 51 Boden was walking into the common area to talk to Herrmann. " Herrmann I just got a call from HQ. Firehouse 17 and by extension Battalion 17 is back up and running." He said. " CFD is getting new funding, so stuff like Girls on Fire and Paramedicine gets more funding." Boden then looked confused. "Where's Casey?"

" Ambulance 61, Squad 3, and Casey aren't back from that call yet." Herrmann said worried.

Boden had that same worried feeling. "2-2-6 to Battalion 25, come in." He said into his radio. "Ambulance 61 come in."

Then Candidate Halstead came into the common radio. "Lieutenant. Chief. I've been listening to the radio, it's static, but I think it's some sort of code 4-3-5, 9-6-1 then 5-5-3."

Herrmann look went from worried to frightened. " that's an old CFD code S.O.S Ambulance 61 Squad 3."

Boden was also scared. " dispatch send PD to the location Ambo 61 and Squad 3 were dispatched to." He ordered. " do either of you remember the location?"

"Yes sir *the location*" Halstead recalled. " Army training for you."

" Engine 51. Truck 81 mount up." Boden ordered.

Boden and the rest of 51 got into the vehicles they were going to save their friends from whatever danger they were in. This was the first time Wallace was leaving the Firehouse for an emergency since Casey got promoted. He wasn't going to let his firefighters get hurt, he hadn't lost anyone since Violet.

Back at Squad 3 the team was standing by waiting for Casey and Brett then Lyla spoke up. " for the record, this doesn't change anything, after this is over I'm staying until that Annabelle returns."

Kelly gives a hearty laugh. "Damn, we've made an impression already."

" yes Lieutenant you have." She replied. " I've been a floater for 6 years. I'm finally found the right house."

Then as if 51s luck was getting better a bunch of undercover cops came. Leading the charge was Sergeant Trudy Platt and Sergeant Hank Voight then a few seconds later the rest of 51 showed up.

" son of a bitch." Severide exclaimed rolling the window down. "Hank there is at least 3 armed people, they took Casey and Brett inside." He shouted.

"Copy that." Voight said.

It took about 5 minutes, but Hank, Adam, Kim, and Kevin came out with Brett and Casey. " well done everyone for staying calm." Casey said.

Boden chuckled. " okay everyone, 51 is out of service. Let's go home."

It was 12 hours later at the Herrmann household there was a knock at the door, which Lee-Henry answered. " hello, who might you be?" He asked.

"Firefighter Kylie Estevez, I work with your father and sister. I've come to check on her." Kylie responded.

" nice to meet you, down that hallway,second door on the right." Lee-Henry instructed.

Kylie followed Lee-Henry's instructions and came to a door with a sign. " Paramedic Annabelle Herrmann's room." She chuckled. And knocked on the door.

" Come in." Was heard from the other side, so she entered the room. " Kylie what are you doing here?" Annabelle asked. " Did my father send you?"

" no Lieutenant Herrmann didn't send me. I came because we are friends and I am worried about you." Kylie said. "Herrmann said that you brushed a few ribs."

" that's true" Annabelle replied. " so what's up with you and James Boden?"

" I have no idea what you're talking about" Kylie said blushing. To be honest her and James had gotten really close over the last couple of years. I mean he asked her to be his date to Mouch and Trudy's 5 year wedding anniversary, which had lead to a make out session. It was getting heated as well until Kidd walked in on them, which had lead to Kylie accidentally flashing Kidd,  since James had removed her shirt and sports bra.

" Kylie Estevez don't play me for a fool, I know a girl in love when I see one." Annabelle said with a grin. " it's been 7 years of will they won't they with you. Just confess your feelings for Christ sake."

" alright fine." Kylie said laughing. " see you around Anna."

Back at the Casey's house. Kelly and Stella lie down on the bed. Matt and Sylvie had taken Julie out for a walk and some food, so they took advantage of being alone together and had some fun. " Holy shit that was amazing." Stella said. After going a few months without intercourse because of Kelly's broken ribs she actually forgot about how it felt, but then it hit her. " shit, we didn't use protection."

Kelly looked at his wife and looked down. " oh shit." He exclaimed Kidd was right in all of the excitement about being able to have sex with his stunning wife they'd completely forgotten about protection. "What should we do?" Kelly asked.

" to be honest I've always wanted to be a mother." Stella said. " let's just wait and see, and if I'm pregnant we'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

" together. Not matter what your not alone. You have my word." Severide promised giving Kidd a kiss on the forehead.