Chapter 15-Jealousy

Dally and I walked through the door of my house. For once in a long time all of my brothers were home.

Ponyboy ran over and hugged me. "Jenny, where have you been? We went into your room this morning and you weren't there."

I said "umm..." Dally then interrupted me saying "It's my fault, I asked her to come to one of Buck's parties." Darry got up from his chair and rushed over.

"You what?!" Darry practically shouted. Dally said "relax, nothing happened." Darry was still livid, but no one messed with Dally, not even Darry, so Darry let it drop.

Everyone in the room could feel the tension between Darry and Dally, so Dally quickly looked at me and smirked and said "I gotta go, see ya later Doll." I smiled and said "bye Dally." And then he walked out the door.

Pretty much all the gang was there, including Johnny, who had the most hut look on his face. I felt bad about hurting him, but I had feelings for Dally, my feelings for Johnny were gone, right? At least they should be because I was with Dally now.

I was immediately dragged out of my thoughts when Darry yelled "what are you thinking! Being with the most dangerous greaser besides Tim Shepherd." I rolled my eyes and said "Darry, I'm 14, I can make my own decisions and shouldn't you and the gang be happy, he's your friend.

Darry yelled again "yes, he is my friend! But I don't want him dating me younger sister!" The rest of the gang seemed to agree with Darry, especially Johnny, he gave me a mad, sad look, and hopped up from the couch and grabbed his jacket off the hook as he was leaving.

I felt horrible after that, Johnny never really got mad like that. I decided I would go follow him and catch up to him to talk.

I quickly ran out the door and chased after Johnny. I called out "Johnny! Wait!" He said in a cold voice, but I could still hear the hurt showing "what do you want Jenny 'more time'."

I had a pleading look in my eyes "Johnny, I am really sorry, I never meant to get together with Dally when we were on a break, but I realized Dally cared about me, and I care about him."

Johnny scoffed and said "I care about you too Jenny, the hole reason I had broken up with you was because I was trying to protect you, and then instead of getting back together with me you go and get together with the person who's meanest to you?"

I said "Johnny, Dally wasn't mean to me, he was protecting me too, he just didn't know how to act like he cared."

Johnny lit a cigarette and said "whatever Jenny" he said already walking away, leaving me standing out in the cold rain.

I went back to my house on the verge of tears, I felt horrible for hurting him, and I realized I had feelings for Dally, maybe deep down I always had.