10

10

The sky is turning colour and painting a beautiful play of colours in the sky above you. You are enjoying it, but the incident with Kakashi and your decision to finally shut off your feelings for him are still deeply ingrained in your mind. Which is a shame, because your date with Iruka is really nice until then. He has made an effort and prepared a delicious little picnic, packing snacks and drinks that were really delicious. But your concentration keeps drifting away and wandering to another shinobi, his confusing actions and his arrogant manner, which simply won't let you go.

"Is everything okay?"

You blink away your thoughts for the hundredth time and look at Iruka. "Yes."

He smiles gently. "You're not quite with it today, are you? Is it because of the Jonin exam? Are you nervous?"

No, you think, but you nod and say, "Yes, probably. I'm sorry, Iruka. You've put so much effort into this and I'm just sitting here, daydreaming and not really paying attention."

He takes your cup and fills it again with a sparkling grape juice. "That's okay. I'm nervous too, if that makes you feel better. You're not alone in that."

"You too?" you ask, glad for the change of subject. "Why should you be nervous? I mean, with Asuma and Gai on your team, nothing can go wrong, right? Your exam will be a walk in the park. You're an excellent team. What could stop you?"

His cheeks turn slightly red, which you find very cute. "I could probably say the same thing about you and your team, I suppose. I mean, hello? Obito UCHIHA and Kakashi HATAKE and the very daughter of Minato NAMIKAZE, Konoha's yellow lightning. All together in one team. Who believes that you will mess up the exam? Do you know what people call your team?«

"Um, team seven?" you guess, and would like to tell him how urgently you want to change the subject.

"No," laughs Iruka, unconsciously moving a little closer. "The Unbeatables," he corrects you and raises his glass. "And the last member of the team is really cute and damn nice to look at."

"Well, then you don't know that the only prodigies in the team of the unbeatables are the Sharingan brothers," you reply, pulling a face. "Unfortunately, the daughter of the Hokage skipped that talent. The good one is pretty much the most average shinobi that Konoha has to offer."

"That's just her opinion. She's not average at all."

You sigh and turn to him to tell him how wrong he is. You open your mouth, but when you realise how close you are, you close it again. Iruka has leaned forward a little more. "I'm going to kiss you now, (Y/N).

"Okay," you reply, slightly out of breath, and watch as Iruka slowly looks at your lips before closing his eyes. He moves even closer when you remain motionless, bends his head and...
"I hope I'm not disturbing you."

You both turn your heads, you being much faster than Iruka and managing to create a small gap between you. You raise your hand to your lips and avoid looking at Kakashi.

Iruka seems a little irritated, but not at all as worried and confused as you are. "Hatake? Well, to be honest, yes. You are a bit of a nuisance. What do you want here?"

You feel Kakashi's gaze on you and try to resist the urge to look at him.

"Oh, right," Kakashi replies in a strange tone and now you do look at him because he's been pausing too long. Your eyes meet his and as you look him up and down, you notice a bottle in his hand. Is that sake? "I forgot that the new dream couple of Konoha is here," he continues in a strangely sarcastic tone. "It's probably not allowed to come anywhere near the place where you've withdrawn. Sorry, Your Highnesses, I won't let such an impropriety happen again." Kakashi bows and staggers a little.

"Have you been drinking?" Iruka wants to know, squinting.

"Isn't it obvious? The question is rather how much he's had already," you murmur, hoping that only Iruka heard you, who looks up at Kakashi in a somewhat disturbed way, who is now looking at you sharply.

"Ding! Ding! A hundred points for the stunning (Y/N). I have to admit that I've had a few glasses of food already."

"Don't you mean bottles?" you snap at him angrily and then turn to Iruka. "Come on, let's go. I'm getting cold and to be honest, I'd rather go home now."

Iruka doesn't seem very happy about my decision, but nods and gets up with me. "As you wish."

A clicking sound is heard and you refuse to look at the damn troublemaker again. What was wrong with him? How did he even know where you were? And why is he coming here after you just told him to stay out of it? "Isn't he considerate, dear Iruka? Always intent on making things as nice and cosy as possible for his beloved.«

"What's your problem, Hatake?" Iruka now asks, less friendly, because he too has realised that Kakashi is deliberately disturbing us. "Why are you here?"

"I should be asking why you are here. This is hardly the place for a rendezvous, Iruka."

"A rendezvous?" you ask acidly, giving him a dirty look, while Iruka says at exactly the same moment: "What do you want?"
Kakashi only looks at you, which makes Iruka glance back and forth between the two of you.

"What would be the right place for that, Kakashi?" you hear yourself ask before you can stop yourself. Something about the presence of Kakashi seems to make you lose your mind more and more often. You've been acting strange towards him ever since the incident... "A strange bathroom, maybe?"

He laughed quietly and Iruka's look became questioning, because this statement was definitely too specific. "Not necessarily, when I think about it. But maybe a house wall in a narrow alley would be better suited for a first time."

You flinch and realise how red you are. With shame, anger and outrage. "You're such an asshole!"

He just nods, turns away and pulls his mask down so skilfully that you can't see anything when he takes a deep sip. When Kakashi turns back to you, everything is as it always was. "I guess that's me."

"What's your problem?" Iruka now stands a little in front of me. "Why do you get so drunk, disturb us here and start to talk some almost insulting crap? Weren't you supposed to meet Rin?"

You can't hide the flinch and Kakashi doesn't miss it, even in his current state. His Sharingan flashes in the setting sun and you grit your teeth.

"It didn't go as I had hoped," Kakashi replies dryly, and you imagine his twisted lips under the mask.

"Ahhh, that's where the rabbit walks to. Your date was a flop and now you think you have to mess up mine."

"Why would I want to do that, Iruka?"

"I don't know, you tell me. You're standing here doing exactly that. But I suspect that there may be something more behind it than..."

"Than what?" Kakashi asks, and the question almost sounds like a threat. "What could there be behind it, other than the fact that my date with the sweet Rin was fruitless and I disturbed you here with whatever? Please give me a reason why there should be another reason than that."
"I could give you one, Hatake, but your current state seems to make you a little aggressive. I don't want any trouble, buddy."

"No, you don't."

You've had enough and you tap Iruka on the shoulder, who is having a look-off with Kakashi that promises to have repercussions. "Will you please take me home?" Your voice is much too weak and scratchy and Iruka immediately turns around and Kakashi blinks at you. But you turn away and walk to the door, because this date you were looking forward to is turning out to be a disaster.