25

Hey! Welcome to the last part of this book. This hurt to write.

TW:

- Gore
- OOC
- AU/HC
- OOC

- Mentions of Suicide

___________________________________________

Nobody's POV

The pained sobs had attracted the rest of the crew, and they stood there, faces a mix of sorrow and concern.

'Did he find out?' Husk asked, his face downcast.

'Yeah...'

'He sounds like he's loosing it.'

It was true. Pained sobs and wails of sadness echoed out of the room, despite it being mostly soundproof.

'I would too if my best friend died.' Angel said forlornly, patting Niffty, who was sobbing into his chest fluff.

She looked up from the white fur, face streaked with tears.

'I-I have to see him.'

'I dont think thats the best idea-'

'I HAVE TO! PUT ME DOWN!' She bit Angel's arm, making him release her in shock. She ran over to the door, pounding on it.

'LET ME INNN!!!'

'He's not going to-'

'I have to help him.'

'Niff, he'll be out eventually-'

'He won't be.' Husk said, a horrified expression appeared on his face, the same one appearing on Niffty's.

They all went silent, only just noticing the absence of pained noises seeping from Alastor's room.

'W-what do you mean?' Charlie asked.

Husk shook his head, struggling to find words.

Niffty spoke up, voice blank. 'The contract. It's broken. Gone.'

Their faces filled with horror and disbelief.

'There's no way he...' Lucifer said, trailing off.

Niffty started to kick the door, making small dents in it, shouting with urgency and desperation.

'PLEASE! LET US IN!'

'Niffty, step back.' Lucifer said.

Angel grabbed her, restraining the small demon in his arms. Lucifer took a breath, blasting the door open, forming a large, smoking hole in the wall. Niffty squirmed, falling out of Angel's arms and running into the room.

It reeked of blood and rot, making Niffty gag as he walked through the dark room, scanning it worriedly. Her eyes were drawn to the bathroom door, which was cracked open. The others huddled outside, curious but not daring to enter.

She pushed open the door hesitantly.

All the colour drained from her face as tears welled in her eye as she ran into the room. The smell was stronger here. She could feel something wet and sticky under her feet. She crouched, the end of her dress staining deep red, and brushed her hand against the floor in the darkness. She walked over to the door, holding her hand out into the subtle dusty light.

She clamped a hand over her mouth, a single tear slipping down her face as the sticky, ruby liquid clung to her fingertips.

She breathed in, closing the door, concealing the room from the prying eyes of the others. She was trembling, tears pouring down her face. She hasn't even seen him yet. She trailed her hand over the doorframe, finding the light switch. She flicked it up.