35. Secrets of the Soul

It was almost a week since Junia saw Sirius. She tried to ignore the fact that her dinner and meals aren't as nice as it would have tasted with him around, how no one would be knocking the door to say 'good morning' to her in the morning, how things just turned grey. Perhaps it was because there were three dark artefacts under her bed, but even the roof knows that those weren't the reason why.

The grey atmosphere did not stop Junia from continuing her research on horcruxes, in fact she was able to read about them freely now, which she makes as a reason to stay optimistic. It was one of those grey evenings, it was even raining, just the perfect weather to read when a loud crack shocked her. Junia quickly held onto her wand, only to be greeted by an expected guest.

"Are you Kreacher?" Junia asked.

Kreacher did not answer. He only stared into the blank space in front of him. It didn't take long before a tear dropped, which took him out of his trance. Kreacher bowed quickly at the sight of Junia. "Mistress Junia."

"Kreacher, are you alright?" Junia squatted down to his level.

"Mistress should not ask Kreacher something like that," Kreacher shook his head. "Kreacher— Kreacher has been sent by Young Master Regulus to give Mistress this." Kreacher held out a locket with a snake visible under the stone.

"Alright. Thank you, Kreacher. Now, where is he? Regulus?" Junia asked as she took the locket.

Kreacher shook his head and backed away, "Master has instructed Kreacher not to tell anyone."

Junia started to feel uneasy at his vague answers, and a sense of tragedy arose. "Is he okay?"

"Young Master Regulus told Kreacher to tell Mistress that Master is happy to work with Mistress Junia, and that Master is sorry that Master can no longer help Mistress Junia," Kreacher said quietly. "Master Regulus has been taken by the bad bad people from the waters. Master told Kreacher to go! Master ordered Kreacher to go! Kreacher can only follow Master's order!" Kreacher weeped.

Although Kreacher did not say it yet, Junia knew she was never going to see Regulus again.

"Kreacher must return to the House of Kreacher's Master before others find out, Mistress Junia," Kreacher said as he wiped his nose. "Kreacher must continue to serve Kreacher's other Masters. Kreacher promised not to tell." Crack.

Junia was alone again.

Only now she was accompanied by an unseen friend called grief.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Junia apparated to where she hoped she would find Sirius. His best friend's home. She apparated in front of the gates and ran through the front yard before getting to the door. The rain had soaked her clothes and her tears had merged with the raindrops. She knocked on the front door until the Butler opened it to find her in shock.

"Miss Junia," he greeted in surprise. "Let me get you a towel."

"Hello Markus, where is Sirius?" Junia quickly asked.

"The drawing room with Mr. Potter—"

Junia hastily took off her wet shoes and ran towards the drawing room, opening the door without even knocking. She was breathing heavily as tears started to well up in her eyes again. The news would break him.

"Junia?" Sirius stood up from his seat.

Junia opened her mouth to say something but no words came out.