CHAPTER 3

Y/n's Pov-

As I walked down the hallway, I couldn't help but admire the interior design. The building was divided into two floors: the ground floor for school students and the upper floor for college students. An abstract spiral staircase led to the second floor, and the entrance hall felt almost like a shopping mall for a moment! Instead of suffocating ceramic walls, there were clear glass walls.

The greenery outside provided a natural color palette and allowed students to enjoy the open sky, a large football field that resembled a stadium, and a garden with trees, bushes, roses, and tulips. To the right was a small canteen offering snacks, drinks, school supplies, and sportswear.

The ceiling of another section displayed a bold, italicized red sign reading "Cafeteria," where students and teachers were chatting, eating, and playing in a small indoor playground.

Not wanting to waste any more time, I jogged up the spiral staircase and arrived at a new entrance hall. This time, the atmosphere was completely different. The glass walls remained, but the room was ten times colder and gloomier. The lights were dim, and the air conditioning was set so low it made me shiver despite it being summer. The lockers were organized in dull grey rows, and a large notice board displayed announcements, try-outs, and important notices. I could see at least five massive classrooms from where I stood.

The hallway was nearly empty, as it was past the arrival time. I walked further and turned right, finding myself in a long corridor. At the very end, I spotted a room labeled "Principal's Office."

Approaching the room, I heard arguments coming from inside. I was about to knock when the door burst open, nearly hitting my nose. I hurriedly stepped back and saw a boy storming out, followed by another boy who was still talking with the Principal. He wasn't shouting or rude but spoke politely.

I waited outside, intending to avoid interrupting, when the Principal noticed me.

Principal: "You may come in. Namjoon, we'll continue this matter later."

The Principal stood up and shook hands with the boy, who introduced himself as Namjoon. Namjoon apologized for his brother's behavior and left.

The Principal turned to me with a smile.

Mr. Hwang: "You must be... (he glanced at my form) Carolina Y/n Kim?"

He struggled with the pronunciation. Since I was born in Britain, my parents gave me both an English name and a Korean one. Back there, I was known as Carolina or Lina.

Y/n: "Yes, sir, but just Kim Y/N from now on."

Mr. Hwang: "Very well, Ms. Kim. Here are your schedules for the semester. You'll have an extra class every Friday after school as a science student. The try-outs for the inter-school basketball team are still open. If you're interested, fill out this form and hand it to me by next Monday. I hope you enjoy your time at Senghnam High."

He handed me the form, and I thanked him before leaving. I glanced at my class schedule-Biology first period, in room 212. I hoped the class hadn't started yet, as the bell might ring any moment.

I fast-walked to room 212 and stopped in front of it. The room appeared to be more like a class hall. Just as I was about to enter peacefully, a paper ball flew toward me, which I caught with quick reflexes. The classroom was chaotic: students were throwing paper balls, imitating teachers, creating noise with rulers and pencils, applying makeup, and others were sleeping.

Amid the chaos, I noticed a girl sitting by the window in the back corner, studying intently despite the commotion. I approached her, gently tapping her shoulder.