CHAPTER 29

Y/n's Pov–

Nurse Jeon: " My apologies sirs, but I'm afraid your visiting time is over. "

The nurse's voice interrupted my thoughts as I turn towards her.

Namjoon: " Oh, alright. We'll...go, for now. "

Jimin turned to face me.

Jimin: " Don't try to runaway...we'll come back tomorrow. "

Hoseok: " What a sense of humour Jimin, how will she run in that state...? "

Jimin scowls in the corner.

Jin: " Rest well, we'll see you tomorrow then. "

He patted my head, why is everyone patting me today?

Jungkook: " See ya, Y/niee~ "

What?

Taehyung: " Take care.."

He waved at me before leaving the cabin. The most peaceful meeting we had since we met...

I let out a deep sigh, closing my eyes.

Maybe, I still have a chance to get along..

<•__________________________________________________•>

Author's Pov–

The river's cold waters embraced her as she surfaced, gasping for air. She quickly scanned her surroundings, spotting the embankment that would lead her to safety. She swam with powerful strokes, driven by the urgency of her escape.

Reaching the shore, she pulled herself up, dripping and breathless, then sprinted through a narrow alleyway, vanishing into the maze of the city's underbelly.

Drenched and shivering, she eventually reached an unmarked door on the side of an old, abandoned factory. She glanced over her shoulder, ensuring she wasn't followed, then quickly punched in a code on a concealed keypad. The door clicked open, and she slipped inside, shutting it behind her.

Inside, the building was dimly lit, a stark contrast to the chaos outside. The air was musty, filled with the scent of rust and decay. She moved swiftly down a corridor lined with old machinery, her footsteps echoing in the silence. She reached another door, this one reinforced with steel. With a deep breath, she pushed it open and stepped into a room.

The space was stark, filled with electronic equipment and monitors displaying various parts of the city. A single figure stood at the center, a tall man with sharp features and intense eyes. He looked up from a computer terminal as she entered, his expression unreadable.

Mingyu: " You're late, Lisa. "

Mingyu said, his voice cold and measured. He noticed her soaked state and raised an eyebrow.

Mingyu: " And wet... "

Lisa shook her head, frustration and exhaustion visible on her face.

Lisa: "Ran into some trouble. Bangtan was closer than we thought."

Mingyu raised an eyebrow.

Mingyu: " Is Rohan alive? "

Lisa shook her head, a bit relaxed now. Mingyu's eyes narrowed.