CHAPTER 6

Once I entered the living room, I noticed my mom looking impatient and Ms. Aya appearing worried.

Y/n: "Hey…?"

Both of them turned toward me when I spoke.

Hye Kyo: "Oh, you’re here already. Okay then… Ms. Aya, please take your medicine on time and have dinner. We’ll be back around ten."

Ms. Aya nodded and gave me a smile, which I returned. Was I just overthinking, or was there something going on behind my back?

My mom’s voice pulled me back to reality as she urged me to get in the car. I hadn’t even realized we were already outside the house.

We got into our usual seats, with Mom behind the wheel, and drove to her boss's house.

The ride was quiet for a moment until Mom spoke with a chuckle.

Hye Kyo: "Did I mention you look like a… man?"

She teased. She knew I preferred men’s clothing, yet she never missed a chance to tease me about it. I scoffed dramatically, which made her giggle as she focused on the road.

Y/n: "You mean a gentleman? Yes, I don’t mind if that’s how you see it. A daughter taking her mom on a date!"

I decided to play along, matching her sarcasm. She laughed more.

Y/n: "But too bad the venue is your boss’s house! Just imagine, a date with your daughter at your boss’s place."

I joked while chuckling. But at the mention of that, Mom’s smile faded, and she looked anxious for a moment.

Hye Kyo: "Oh, I forgot to mention. My boss, Mr. Song, has seven sons. Please behave yourself around them, okay?"

Seven sons?! Oh, my… Mr. Song must be quite the romantic!

Y/n: "Okay… I’ll try to stay cool."

Mom gave me a tight-lipped smile and fell silent again.

The ride continued for an hour, and I found myself staring out the window. I had forgotten my AirPods, and we didn’t have an MP3 player in the car. If it had been daytime, I might have enjoyed the view, but at night, all I saw were dull yellow headlights.

After what seemed like forever, we finally arrived at Mr. Song’s house. Mom got out first, and I followed her. We stood in front of a mansion.

It was enormous—huge, even. I found myself admiring the mansion, my eyes roaming up to the majestic columns on both sides. Just then, someone caught my eye.

A figure of a boy, leaning against the balcony, stared down at me. From where I stood, I could make out his features well—blonde hair, brown eyes (though they weren’t very prominent from here), a defined jawline, and he was a bit shorter in height.

He stared at me for a while before abruptly turning around and walking inside.

I was pulled back to reality by the voice of a man.

I looked in front of me and saw a tall, quite handsome man in a fine suit, smiling at me. He must be Mr. Song.

Mr. Song: "Hello, dear. You must be Y/n..."

He extended his hand, which I took politely.

Y/n: "Greetings, Mr. Song. Yes, I’m Y/n."

Mr. Song: "Come on in, please. Y/n, Hye Kyo..."

He led us inside.

We were greeted by a lavish living room with marble floors, white ceramic pillars, and a grand crystal chandelier overhead.