CHAPTER 43

Y/n's Pov–

The college ground is buzzing with activity as students and guests from various colleges start to arrive. The sun is shining brightly, but there’s a slight chill in the air—a reminder that summer is slowly fading. The field is meticulously arranged, with rows of chairs set up for spectators and a large mat laid out in the center, where the tournament will take place. Banners with the college’s colors wave in the breeze, adding to the festive atmosphere.

We arrive together as a group, but I can’t shake the lingering unease from last night’s nightmare. My hands are steady, but my heart still feels heavy, the memory of my father’s fall haunting me in quiet moments. I glance around, trying to focus on the present, on the excitement in the air, but it’s hard to fully engage.

Jungkook must have mentioned something to the others, because I notice the quick, concerned glances they throw my way. But they don’t say anything—just give me small smiles and nods of encouragement. I’m grateful for that; the last thing I need right now is to be reminded of how fragile I feel.

Jimin, walking beside me, bumps my shoulder lightly.

Jimin: "You ready for this? The team’s counting on us, you know."

I force a smile, trying to match his enthusiasm.

Y/N: "Yeah, I’m ready. Just… trying to get my head in the game."

He nods, understanding.

Jimin: "You’ll get there. Just take it one step at a time."

Jin, who’s walking a bit ahead, turns around and grins.

Jin: "Hey, you two! Don’t forget to save some of that energy for the mat. The tournament hasn’t even started yet!"

Taehyung laughs, throwing an arm around Jungkook’s shoulders.

Taehyung: "Yeah, save the pep talk for later, hyung! We’ll need it when the nerves really kick in."

Jungkook smiles, but his eyes flicker to me for a second, checking in. I give him a small nod, silently thanking him for not saying anything about last night. He just squeezes Taehyung’s shoulder in response, letting the moment pass.

Namjoon: "Hyung, where is Rebecca didn't you said she'll be arriving early?"

I felt Jimin tenses up a bit at the mention of her, but tries keeping a tragic face.

Jin: "Oh, yeah I called her this morning says she's on her way– and that was like an hour ago. Don't worry Jimin, there's no way she'll miss it not even for the world!"

He teases followed by few fits of chuckles and snickers from the others. Jimin groaned and stomped off towards us, cheecks red as always. I enjoy times like this!

As we reach the designated area for our college team, I take a deep breath, trying to center myself. The crowd is already forming, with students from other colleges mingling, the air filled with excited chatter. Coaches and officials move around, making final preparations.

Hoseok looks around, taking it all in

Hoseok: "Looks like a good turnout. This is going to be intense."

Yoongi adjust his jacket, eyes narrowing slightly as he scans the crowd as he nods slightly before taking a seat with the others.

I spot a familiar face amongst the crowd, waving at me enthusiastically.

Tzuyu.

I jogged towards the stadium and gave her a quick hug.

Tzuyu: "Look at you, shining already!"