We love you Es...

Anna's POV
I woke up to the faint sound of sobs coming from Esme's room. I hate hearing my girly crying, it's heart shattering! Ever since we have come back from Florida she had seemed more down and upset. Obviously she isn't always happy as she has depression but since we came home she hasn't tried to hide her emotions from Emilia. Before she would try to be strong and be happy in front of all the kids but recently she has been much more relaxed with Emilia and she hasn't hidden any of her emotions.
I slowly got out bed and carefully tiptoed to Esme's room. Luckily Eva and Jonathan were out cold so I didn't disturb them or anything. After slowly making my way into Esme's room I opened the door to see her fairy lights on and her sat up in bed crying her eyes out.
"Oh Esme!" I whisper as I slowly shut her door and walk over to her bed. I sat down on her bed took her into a big hug. As soon as we hugged she started to cry harder. Seeing your child in such a distressed state is horrible. She slowly pulled out of our hug, leaving me with a sopping wet shoulder.
"What's wrong sweetie?" I whispered as I pulled my fingers through her long brown hair and shuffled next to her.
"I don't know! I just feel so alone! At school people are constantly reminding me and Emilia that I'm adopted. I just feel like I don't belong anymore, and I keep thinking about my birth mum and dad. It must have hurt so much, my mum dying, what must my dad have thought? He must have thought that it was all my fault, I was the one who killed her, she died whilst giving birth to me. It must have been heartbreaking for my dad. When you had Eva I was so scared. The same thing could have happened to you, then I just thought about how dad would react. He would give up vlogging and he wouldn't be able to cope with 5 kids on his own." she sniffed as I handed her a tissue.
"Es non of this is or will ever be your fault! We love you so much and that will never ever, EVER change. You're our daughter, both Jonathan and I love you so much. We can get in touch with school and sort it all out sweetheart. All you need to do is get that little head down and make us proud! That's all you have to do." I whispered. Eva started to cry signalling that she wanted food so I quickly make my way out of her room.
"Mum, you won't tell dad will you?" Esme whispered. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to Esme quickly.
"It our secret!" I smiled. I than quickly ran back into mine and Jonathan's room. Jonathan was slowly rocking Eva back and forth.
"Sorry I was at the toilet!" I said as I took Eva off Jonathan. He shot me a suspicious look, he knows it was something to do with Esme.
_____

"You look super tired Es!" I said as Esme walked into the kitchen. I didn't really want her going to school today but she really did look super tired and slightly ill.
"I'm fine!" Esme tried to reassure me as I placed Eduardo's bowl of cereal down on the table. She went to go and sit down next to Emilia but I wasn't going to let her go to school.
"Back to bed you!" I said as I gently patted her arm. This time she didn't protest and she marched upstairs back to bed. I don't like the kids having days of school, especially Esme as she is studying her GCSEs but I wasn't letting her go to school with hardly any sleep and horrible thoughts going around in her head.
"Why does she get the day off?" Emilia asked as she ate a spoonful of her porridge.
"She doesn't look very well Emilia." I answered.
"But she said that she was fine!" She continued.
"I don't want to have to pick her up halfway through the day Emilia. I would rather just have her at home all day."
Emilia then fell silent. After finishing her breakfast Jonathan took her to school and came back home to take Ellie-May and Eduardo to the natural history museum for the day. Of course this left Esme, Eva and I alone. After a few hours of extra sleep Esme brought her duvet downstairs and into the living room so we could have a movie marathon. After watching Frozen, If I stay and The Fault in Our Stars ( most amazing film ever, just saying!) we both ended up falling asleep.