Chapter 3

The next day he walked to school with reluctant steps. If he could've missed any day, it would have been that day. Alois tugged him along that morning though.

Alois knew exactly why his friend was not enthusiastic about going, but Ciel should have known there was no running away from it. Alois had left his friend all day, left him to let him mull over what to do.

Eventually, the lunch bell rang and just like Alois had said there was no running away.

The next test scores were posted on the wall and visible to every high school student. Ciel anxiously walked to the board. He stood in front of the scores but did not dare to look up. Eventually, he slowly raised his head

"597!" Ciel shouted as he slowly stumbled back with shock.

This bad. I did the worst out of everyone in the entire school. What do I do? he thought desperately.

Ciel shook his head and ran to the office to see if it was possible to do anything to change his horrible test scores

"Ms. Hannah!" Ciel screamed in the office, stopping to take a breath.

"Ciel! No screaming in the office. Calm down, what's wrong?"

"I... need to... retake the... test." he panted out worried.

"Ah yes, your test scores were not up to our educational standard and unless you want to fail sophomore year you're going to have to retake it."

Ciel felt his body collapse. What was he going to do? He never understood any math lessons he was taught.

"What can I do to study, or how can I relearn everything? I'm not smart, and the little I did learn I already forgot everything!                   

The purple haired woman handed Ciel a paper, "Here, you're gonna need this. Now, go to your class lunch is over."

Ciel walked out of the office and looked down at the paper. It read:

Tutors in house 3 available

Ciel thought to himself. Could a tutor really help him? They were smart and might help him learn. He would go check up on house three and see what good a tutor might do him. Not like he had any other choice.

Once the final bell rang, Ciel walked over to house three. There, he saw a door with a poster on it:

Math Tutors

Ciel walked in and saw a tall man standing. The person turned around and flashed Ciel his familiar smile.

This can't be happening Ciel thought to himself.

"I came here for a tutor."

Sebastian lifted a brow amused, "You are looking at the last available one."

"Just my luck," Ciel mumbld and turned on his heel to leave. "Nevermind, I can handle studying on my own."

A hand fell onto his shoulder. Ciel felt himself freeze.

"You hate me that much you would rather fail?" Sebastian said smoothly.

Ciel stayed quiet. Did he hate him?

"I will be your personal tutor. Its no secret you don't like being outside of your house." he offered.

"I don't like being anywhere outside of my room," Ciel sighed resigned.

"I'll teach you wherever you want, whenever you want. There is no one left, and even if there were you know they wouldn't go this far out of their way."

"Why are you?" Ciel said turning around to face him.

Sebastian shrugged, "I am looking for extra credit points for college. If I am going to do a job, I might as well do good at it."

"Fine," Ciel grumbled out.

"'Fine' what?" Sebastian smiled.

"Fine, I will accept your offer, but when you come over make sure to leave the narcissistic attitude behind."

Sebastian laughed, and Ciel left the room with a blush.

"Hey! I'm going to need your number, if I'm doing this on your time!" Sebastian called after him.

Ciel's head fell as he dragged his feet back to him. He wrote his number on a piece of paper and handed it to Sebastian. He sighed, "Come over around seven. I'll text you the address and text you if there is a change on the time."

Sebastian bowed his head, "I'll make sure to be there."

Ciel turned and hurried home. Why did his chest feel so weird?