Chapter 17

Andrea: *is crying with Ciel in lap*

Karay: *hugging Andrea and crying as well*

Sebastian: Uuuuh?

Karay and Andrea: *glare at Sebastian*

Sebastian: Andrea, you're the one controlling the whole thing, and, Karay, you hold the power over her.

Karay and Andrea: Shut up!

Ciel: *sniffling and crying*

Andrea: Anyway, I'm dedicating this chapter to @kozaro because they had the best reaction when they found out I was behind this mess. *clears throat* Okay, *strokes Ciel's hair* let's just cry to the next chapter already.

*****************************************************************

Ciel awoke in an empty strange bed. He didn't recognize the room, and he had just had the worst nightmare. Ciel smiled and shook his head. "I can't wait to tell Sebastian about the dream." he giggled to himself. "He'll probably call me stupid, but, then, he'll kiss me to prove it was nothing more than just that, a bad dream."

Ciel got out of the bed and looked around the virtually empty room. There was however a lone wardrobe and on top of it sat picture frames. Ciel walked over to them. There was four of them. One was of Alois sticking his tongue out at the camera and making the piece sign. Another was of an annoyed Claude being kissed on the cheek by a happy blonde boy. The third was of Alois as well, in booty shorts curled up happily asleep wrapped in puffy white sheets. The fourth, he picked up. It was of Sebastian with a "fuck you" grin breaking onto his face as he flipped off the camera, the other hand wrapped around a girl that was facing away.

Ciel didn't need the girl to be facing the camera in order to recognize her. He recognized her all too well. The picture slipped from Ciel's fingers and crashed to the floor. The glass of the frame shattered at Ciel's feet. It cut at his small pail feet, but he didn't move. The nightmare had been real.

Moments later, the door flew open and Claude ran through. He looked at Ciel worriedly, "What happened? What's wrong?"

Ciel didn't reply. He looked at his hand as if it had been burned. Claude looked at the wardrobe and at the floor, quickly realizing what had happened. Ciel looked down at his scratched up feet. "It wasn't simply a nightmare, was it?" he asked himself more than Claude.

Claude stepped towards Ceil, "No, no it wasn't..."

Ciel's eyes began to burn, Claude pulled him into his arms. Ciel cursed and tried to break loose, but Claude only held him tighter. Ciel beat at Claude's chest hopelessly, "He cheated on me! He used me! He fucking betrayed me!"

Claude chuckled, "And you always said I was the ass hole."

Ceil fell still. His body turned heavy, and he had to lean it on Claude. Claude sighed. It was a tired thing that echoed in his chest, and Ciel remembered how Sebastian's laugh would echo in his. Ciel clutched at Claude's shirt.

Claude was taken aback by the gesture. He held Ciel tightly and rubbed circles soothingly into his back, "It will be okay. You will easily find a new guy... o-or girl. I mean, if you like that. I don't know. Point is, he messed up, not you. He didn't know that what he held in his arms was so utterly precious."

Ciel looked up at Claude with big eyes. Claude blushed at the sight. Ciel turned his head to the side and looked up at Claude with the curiosity of a lost bird. Claude's blush darkened, "H-hey, Ciel. Don't look at me like that."

Ciel blinked a few times, "Like what? How am I looking at you..? Why should I stop..?"

Claude opened his mouth, shut it, opened it again, and once more shut it. He was at a loss of words. Unable to think straight, unable to think at all. Ciel closed his eyes in Claude's arms, and he then lifted himself onto his toes. He kissed Claude. He kissed Claude with all the sadness he felt. He kissed Claude as tears stained Ciel's cheeks once more. He kissed Claude in order to get lost in the kiss and drown out his stinging betrayed heart, and he did.

He lost track of time. He lost himself in the kiss. Claude cupped Ciel's face and wiped at his tears. He held Ciel close, and Ciel could feel Claude's steady heartbeat ring out in his own chest. Ciel stepped back and tugged Claude with him. Ciel leaned back against the wardrobe, knocking down a frame. The picture of a happy Alois kissing Claude's cheek fell to the floor. They didn't break the kiss, though. The shards of glass were cutting into Ciel's feet, but he didn't break the kiss. He still felt the ache in his chest and he wanted it gone.

He lifted up a leg, and Claude lifted Ciel off the ground. Ciel wrapped his legs around Claude. They didn't know how long the kiss lasted, but Ciel didn't pull away until he began to feel dazed.

Ciel cuddled into Claude's neck. He felt light and sleepy. Claude placed on Ciel's shoulder. He looked down at his feet at all the glittering glass and spots of blood from Ciel's cut feet. He looked down at the pictures. The one of Sebastian was face down, and the one of Alois and him lay cut by glass and stained with blood.

There was nothing in Claude's eyes, and Ciel was too busy falling asleep to feel anything. But there was one thing in Ciel's head. Why had he been sad? Ciel ignored the thought and simply fell asleep in Claude's arms. There was no need to worry about something he had forgotten. If he had forgotten it couldn't have been important.