Chapter 23

Andrea: Man, I died a little in this chapter
Karay: Same
Everyone: ...
Andrea: BACK TO THE SHOW
***************************
The dirt crunched and the wind cried as it picked up ash and blew it about. IT blurred everything to a disturbing grey. Alois smiled from his well of a pedestal. He looked down at the murky water down below and smiled as streams of tears ran down his face. Then, he looked around at the crumbling soot covered building and whispered, "I'll be seeing you soon Luca. We can be brothers again and play again."

He could hear the crunching of the dirt getting closer, but he paid no mind as cold metal touched his temple. He smiled weekly as one last tear fell, "I'm sorry i didn't get to say bye, Ciel."

The sound of the gunshot rang out a split second before the sound of something hitting the ground. "Idiot!" a voice yelled out. It sounded like a whisper compared to the thunder of the gunshot. But the voice kept yelling, and it grew louder with anxiety, "Open your eyes! Stupid idiot, Open your eyes!"

Claude had tackled Alois down, and he now held him tight in his arms. Claude wiped the blood from Alois' face, but it only smudged onto his pale skin. It hurt. Claude's chest hurt, but he didn't know why. There were tears in his eyes, but he didn't know why.

Tears fell from his face and onto Alois'. Claude muttered to Alois, "Wake up, please... I'm sorry... It hurts, Alois... Why..? Why does it hurt..?"

Alois' eyes remained shut as he rested in Claude's arms. Claude shook him a bit with frustration, "Is this my punishment..? It isn't funny, Alois... Stop playing around already... You can laugh at me all you want, but just please open your eyes..."

Claude ran his hands over Alois' cut thighs and arms. He looked at Alois long thin legs in his shorts and remembered. He looked at his cut up legs and remembered, when they were perfectly smooth and without a flaw. Claude caressed Alois' face, "Is this my fault..? All of this is my fault..."

In that moment Ciel ran up to the pair with Sebastian close behind. Then, CIel stopped suddenly at the sight. His eyes widened before they shut with tears. Ciel shook his head and charged for Claude. He shoved Claude, but Claude held himself up with one hand and held Alois tight with the other.

Sebastian chased after Ciel and grabbed him by the waist and lifted him into the air. Ciel kicked and flared, "Let go of me! Sebastian, Let me the fuck go! I have to kill him! My best friend is dead! How dare he cry?! How dare he cry like a hypocrite, when he never really liked Alois?! How..?"

Ciel fell still in Sebastian's arms. His small chest wracked with hiccups for air as he cried. Sebastian turned Ciel and pushed Ciel's head into his chest. Ciel bunched Sebastian's shirt into his fists as he sobbed. Sebastian stroked Ciel's hair and cooed to him, but Ciel only continued to cry.

Claude still held Alois to his chest, but he wiped his tears away. He looked down at Alois' calm face, "You know... He has a point. I am a hypocrite. The biggest and worst hypocrite ever. I really didn't care for Alois; I was always taking him for granted."

Ciel looked over his shoulder at Claude. His eyes were deep with hatred, but Claude couldn't see. So as Ciel glared through tears, Claude continued, "I found Alois annoying and too loud. I found him suffocating at times, and I complained about him constantly. I am a hypocrite, because, while I acted that way, I did love him. But I knew he loved and adored me, so I never feared he would leave. I am a horrible disgusting hypocrite, because I only accepted that I loved him after he can no longer know, or be loved."

Claude lowered his head and whispered to Alois, "I'm sorry..."

He pressed his lips to Alois, but Alois still didn't move. Sebastian shifted Ciel his other side and took out his phone, "I'll call an ambulance."

"What use will that do?" Ciel muttered bitterly.

Sebastian sighed, "Ciel, cool it. We can't exactly leave him here, can we?"

Ciel sulked on the floor, "Yeah, you tell me to cool it because it's so easy for you. Not like your best friend is―"

"I-It... It hurts..."