previously

........previously in my love forever........

I am frantically typing on my phone as I rush to leave work and pick up my 16-year-old son Charlie and his girlfriend Harper, who is in labor. The audacity of Charlie's history teacher, Mr. Giovanni, to refuse to let Harper leave class in the middle of a test, even when she is in obvious pain, has me seething with anger.

I receive the distressed text from Charlie, who tells me that Harper is in labor and he needs me to come pick them up immediately. I can't believe this is happening - today of all days, Charlie took the bus to school instead of driving his BMW. I quickly gather my things and let my boss know that I have an emergency and need to leave.

As I drive towards the school, I can't help but think about how irresponsible Mr. Giovanni is being. How could he prioritize a test over the health and well-being of one of his students? I make a mental note to call the school principal as soon as I have Charlie and Harper safely in the car.

I pull up to the school just as Charlie and Cecily, Harper's best friend and Charlie's twin sister, are rushing out of the building. I can see the panic on their faces and I quickly jump out of the car to help Harper into the back seat.

"What happened?" I demand as I start driving. "Why wouldn't Mr. Giovanni let Harper leave class? She's in labor!"

"He just didn't believe her," Charlie explains, his voice shaking with anger. "He thought she was faking it to get out of the test. But she was in so much pain, Mom. I couldn't just sit there and do nothing."

I clench my jaw as I listen to Charlie's story. I can't believe Mr. Giovanni would be so dismissive and disbelieving of a student in labor. I make a mental note to bring this up with the principal as soon as possible.

As we make our way to the hospital, I can't help but feel a mix of emotions. I'm scared for Harper and the baby, of course, but I'm also angry at Mr. Giovanni and grateful for Charlie's quick thinking. I'm proud of my son for standing up for what's right and taking action when it was needed.

When we finally arrive at the hospital, I make a beeline for the reception desk to let them know that Harper is in labor. The nurses quickly usher us back to a delivery room and begin prepping Harper for the birth.

As I sit by Harper's side, holding her hand and offering words of encouragement, I can't help but think about how this situation could have been handled differently. Mr. Giovanni's stubborn refusal to let Harper leave class nearly resulted in a dangerous situation for both Harper and the baby.

I make a mental note to follow up with the school principal and address Mr. Giovanni's inappropriate behavior. As a parent, it is my responsibility to advocate for my child and ensure that he is receiving a safe and supportive education. I won't let Mr. Giovanni's actions go unchecked.

In the meantime, I will focus on supporting Harper and Charlie as they navigate this unexpected and challenging situation. I will be there for them every step of the way, offering love, guidance, and unwavering support.

And as for Mr. Giovanni, I hope that he learns a valuable lesson from this experience. I hope that he realizes the importance of putting the needs of his students first, and that he takes steps to ensure that something like this never happens again..............