another baby

I'm Harper, and I'm absolutely exhausted. It's been eight months since I gave birth to our adorable baby girl, Demi, and I'm still trying to adjust to being a mom. But thankfully, I have Charlie by my side, who's been doing an amazing job taking care of both Demi and me.

"Hey, Harper, how are you feeling today?" Charlie asks as he walks into the bedroom, holding Demi in his arms.

"I'm feeling pretty nauseous this morning," I reply, as I try to sit up in bed. "And I've been having some other symptoms too, like fatigue and sore boobs."

Charlie's eyes widen as he processes what I'm saying. "Wait, are you saying what I think you're saying?"

I nod slowly. "I think I might be pregnant again."

Charlie looks stunned, but also incredibly happy. "Wow, really? But how is that possible? I mean, we're careful, and you're on the pill."

"I know, right?" I say, as I swing my legs over the side of the bed. "It's a mystery. But I guess sometimes these things just happen."

Charlie hands Demi to me, and I cuddle her close as we both try to wrap our heads around the news.

"I can't believe it," Charlie says, shaking his head in wonder. "We're going to be parents again."

"I'm a little scared, to be honest," I admit. "I'm still adjusting to being a mom to one baby, let alone two."

Charlie comes over and puts his arm around me. "We'll figure it out together, just like we always do. And this time, we'll be even more prepared. We'll know what to expect, and we'll be able to handle anything that comes our way."

I lean into Charlie's embrace, feeling comforted by his words. "Thank you," I say. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"And I don't know what I'd do without you," Charlie replies, kissing me on the forehead.

We sit there for a few more minutes, just holding each other and our baby, before we hear Demi start to fuss.

"I think someone's hungry," Charlie says with a smile.

"I'll feed her," I offer, standing up and making my way over to the rocking chair in the corner of the room.

Charlie watches me for a moment, then turns back to me. "You know, I'm really happy about this. I know it's going to be a challenge, but I think we're ready for it. And I can't wait to meet our new addition to the family."

"Me too," I say, smiling up at him. "I'm so glad I have you by my side, Charlie."

And with that, we continue on our journey as parents, ready to take on whatever comes our way, and excited for the future that lies ahead.