surprises

Charlie and I lay in bed, our bodies tangled together under the warm blankets. We had just finished watching our favorite show, and now we were cuddling, our limbs wrapped around each other tightly.

"Baby," Charlie murmured, pressing a soft kiss to my forehead. "What's on your mind?"

"I was just thinking about how much I would love to be a mom one day," I admitted, my voice barely above a whisper.

Charlie's arms tightened around me. "You would be an amazing mom, Harper. You're so caring and nurturing."

I felt a blush creep up my cheeks at the compliment. "Do you really think so?"

"I know so," Charlie said confidently. "You would be the best."

We lay there for a while, talking about all the things we wanted to teach our future children and all the adventures we wanted to have as a family. By the time we fell asleep, our minds were filled with dreams of the future.

The next morning, we woke up early and headed to the kitchen to start cooking breakfast. Charlie wrapped his arms around me from behind as I stood at the stove, and I leaned back into him, enjoying the warmth of his body.

Suddenly, he started nibbling my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "Good morning, baby," he whispered.

I turned to face him, a grin on my face. "Good morning, Charlie."

He leaned in and kissed me deeply, his hands moving to the buttons of my shirt. I let out a soft moan as he slipped his fingers inside and caressed my skin.

We didn't notice the pancakes burning until the smoke alarm started going off, but we were too lost in each other to care. We quickly turned off the stove and headed to the bedroom, shedding our clothes as we went.

For the rest of the day, we stayed in bed, fucking and ordering takeout. It was perfect.

Two months later, I woke up feeling queasy. At first, I thought it was just a stomach bug, but the feeling persisted for days. Charlie took care of me, bringing me crackers and ginger ale and rubbing my back when I got sick.

"I think you might be pregnant, Harps," he said one day, his voice filled with excitement.

I looked at him skeptically. "But we always use protection."

"I know, but sometimes things happen," he said with a shrug.

I didn't want to get my hopes up, but as the days went on and the nausea persisted, I started to think he might be right.

A week later, I took a pregnancy test, and my heart started racing as I watched the little window turn positive.

"Oh my god, Charlie," I whispered, holding up the test with tears in my eyes. "I'm pregnant."

Charlie's eyes widened in shock, but then he broke into a huge grin. "Are you serious?"

I nodded, unable to speak.

He pulled me into a tight hug, and we stood there for a long time, just holding each other.

"We're going to be parents, Harps," he whispered.

I couldn't believe it. We were going to be a family.