drama drama

I'm sitting on the plush couch in my in-laws' mansion, feeling exhausted but happy as I gaze at my twins, Taylor and Nicholas, who are asleep in my arms. It's only been a week since they were born, and I'm still getting used to being a mom of three.

 Demi, is playing on the floor with her cousin Leo. Demi is such a doll, always bringing a smile to my face with her cute antics.

I glance over at Cecily who is sitting next to her husband Noah on the loveseat. Cecily looks just as tired as I feel, but her face lights up every time she looks at Leo.

Noah's older sister Kayla, who's 26, is standing by the fireplace, chatting with Charlie. I can't help but roll my eyes as I overhear her being overly flirtatious with him. Kayla has never liked Cecily or me, and I have a feeling she's here to cause drama.

"Harper, you look like you could use a break," Adrien, Charlie's dad, says as he walks into the room. "Why don't you let me take the twins for a bit?"

"Thanks, Adrien. I appreciate it," I say gratefully as I hand him Nicholas.

As Adrien takes Taylor from me, I can't help but notice Kayla's disapproving glance. I ignore her and make my way over to Cecily.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" I ask, sitting down next to her.

"I'm exhausted, but I'm so happy," Cecily says with a smile. "Leo is just perfect."

"He sure is," I agree, looking over at the baby sleeping peacefully in his bassinet.

"I can't believe people are bringing us food and helping out with the kids," Cecily says, sounding surprised. "It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders."

"I know, right?" I say. "I feel the same way. It's nice to have some help."

Just then, Kayla walks over to us, a smug look on her face.

"I can't believe you two are getting away with doing nothing while everyone else is working," Kayla says, sneering. "It's pathetic."

"Excuse me?" I say, taken aback. "We're not doing nothing. We're taking care of our babies."

"Yeah, right," Kayla says, rolling her eyes. "You're just lazy."

"That's not true," Cecily says, standing up. "We're doing the best we can, and it's nice to have some support."

"Support?" Kayla says, laughing. "You have people bringing you food and taking care of your kids. That's not support, that's taking advantage of people's kindness."

"We're not taking advantage of anyone," I say, getting defensive. "We're grateful for the help, and we appreciate everything everyone is doing for us."

"Whatever," Kayla says, shrugging. "I just think it's ridiculous that you two are getting special treatment while the rest of us have to actually work for what we have."

"We're not asking for special treatment," Cecily says, sounding frustrated. "We're just trying to be good moms and take care of our kids."

"Well, good luck with that," Kayla says, walking away.

I look over at Cecily, who looks like she's about to cry.

"Don't listen to her," I say, putting my arm around her. "She's just trying to start drama."

"I know," Cecily says, wiping away tears. "But it still hurts."

"I know it does," I say, giving her a hug. "But we have each other, and that's all that matters."

Cecily nods and gives me a small smile.

Just then, Charlie walks over to us.

"Hey, everything okay?" he asks, looking concerned.

"Yeah, we're fine," I say, smiling up at him. "Just dealing with a little drama."

"Drama?" Charlie says, frowning. "What kind of drama?"

"Kayla is just being her usual rude and obnoxious self," Cecily says, rolling her eyes.

"Ugh, I can't stand her," Charlie says, making a face. "She's always trying to cause trouble."

"I know, right?" I say, laughing. "But we're not going to let her ruin our day."

"That's the spirit," Charlie says, grinning. "Come on, let's go get some food. I'm starving."

Cecily and I follow Charlie over to the table, where a spread of food has been laid out. We fill our plates and sit down to eat, chatting and laughing as we enjoy the meal.

Despite the drama, I can't help but feel grateful for the support of our families and friends. Being a mom of three is exhausting, but it's also the most rewarding thing I've ever done. And I know that no matter what challenges come our way, Cecily and I will always have each other's backs.