cousins

I can't believe it's only been a month since Tay and Nico entered our world. Time flies by so fast with three little ones! Of course, Demi, our one-year-old, is already an expert big sister, and she can't get enough of her baby siblings.

It's a beautiful sunny afternoon, and I'm at home with Cecily. We're in the living room, surrounded by piles of baby clothes and toys that our friends and family have generously gifted us. The babies are all asleep and playing nearby, giving us a rare moment to ourselves.

"I can't even remember what our house looked like without all this baby stuff," Cecily muses, holding up a tiny pink onesie. "But I wouldn't trade it for anything."

I nod in agreement, my eyes scanning the room for any new outfits that might catch my attention. "I know, right? I can't help myself; I just love shopping for them!"

Cecily chuckles. "I think the husbands are starting to notice, too."

Speaking of husbands, I can hear Charlie and Noah's voices coming from the kitchen. "I swear, those two are as bad as each other," Noah says, his tone half-joking. "Have you seen the size of Cecily's shopping bags lately?"

Charlie laughs. "You think that's bad? Harper's not much better. At least Cecily's buying stuff for Leo now."

The two of them walk into the living room, and Charlie gives me a knowing grin. "Hey, babe, you two need any help?"

I smile back at him. "Nah, we're good. Just enjoying some quality time together."

Noah raises an eyebrow. "Quality time, huh? You mean, quality time spent organizing baby clothes?"

Cecily sticks her tongue out at him. "Hey, it's important! And besides, we're having fun. Right, Harper?"

I nod. "Definitely. Although, I have to admit, I do love shopping for baby stuff. It's just so cute!"

Charlie rolls his eyes, but there's a smile on his face. "Yeah, I know. But can we please try to be a little more reasonable? Our bank account is starting to feel the strain."

I pout. "Fine, I'll try. But no promises!"

Cecily and I exchange a conspiratorial glance, and I know we're both thinking the same thing: there's no way we can resist the allure of adorable baby clothes and accessories.

As the afternoon wears on, we continue to chat and laugh, enjoying each other's company. I look around the room at our little family and feel a warmth in my heart. Yes, our lives have changed dramatically in the past year, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.