33. Noah

The amount of relief I felt once my eyes landed on Sam, was like no other. As soon as they released me, I wrapped my arms around Sam in a big hug. "Thank you," I whispered into his ear. He squeezed me tight before releasing. "Let's get out of here," I said, taking his hand.

Sam had drove my car to pick me up and as we were headed to it, he asked me, "Are you okay?" I could sense how anxious he was, probably worried about me all night.

"I'm fine," I told him honestly and kissed his hand. "I just want to go home."

In the car, Sam to driver seat, but kept it in park, "Noah, I didn't have much money, so you have a few others to thank. I had to call Nathan and um..." he spoke hesitantly, "your mom was with him. I'm sorry, I know you don't-"

"Sam," I stopped him. "it's okay."

I could tell that surprised him,"You're not mad?" He questioned with his eyebrows raised.

I shrugged, "I'm out... for now."

"Don't say that, you're not going back," Sam stated firmly, but the notion scared him. It scared me too.

Unfortunately, worried or not, me potentially going back was the reality. Especially if the judge takes my past into account. "If Ben doesn't drop charges-"

"I'll talk to him," Sam insisted, but I scoffed.

"Let's just go home," I said, not wanting to think about it.

"About that. They're at the apartment. Nathan, Maggie, and your mom."

I grimaced, "great."

*

"Noah!" Kaitlyn hugged me as soon as we entered the apartment.

Just as Sam informed me, my brother, his fiancé, and my mother were all gathered in my apartment along with Ciera. They were on the couch and stood up to greet us. "How was your night in jail?" Nathan asked, walking up to me.

"It was magical, actually," I started sarcastically, "I had a nice chat with an arsonist and got to sleep, curled up on a cold metal bench. Might've been the best sleep I've h-" before I could finish my sentence, my brother nut checked me, causing me to keel over, groaning.

Sam and Kaitlyn gasped at the sight, Ciera laughed, and Maggie spoke Nathan's name, appalled.

"Don't be stupid again," Nathan warned me, ignoring his fiancé. "What's wrong with you?"

"Got it," my voice was raspy, trying to recover, "I'll pay you back," I promised. Just like I always did back when we were younger.

"You're lucky all the people in this room care enough about you to not let you sit in jail another night. And it's not me you have to pay back," my brother told me.

Back at full height, I looked around the room while saying, "Seriously, thank you guys, but I am going to pay all of you back."

"Noah, don't worry about it," Kaitlyn said, "you'd do the same for us."

"We're just glad you're okay," my mother spoke for the first time since we entered as she stepped closer to me. She was standing behind the others, cautiously, which I don't blame her.

"I'll pay you back." I repeated, looking directly at her.

"Pay me back by giving me a chance. Please Noah."

I glanced at Sam for a second then thought about how my therapist would want me to respond. Sighing, I agreed, "Yeah, that sounds okay. Thank you for helping." First time she ever fucking helped me, but whatever.