Chapter 03

Armed with determination and a lot of self-consideration, Singgih is now standing in front of a nightclub. With money borrowed from Bang Fadil; Economy class train tickets were successfully purchased; and the remaining savings which he will use to live temporarily in Jakarta.

From the information he got from the school alumni group; as well as from office attendants at Landsoft; He even followed Rolan for the past seven days to find out what activities his friend was doing.

And, this is the nightclub activity that Rolan visits most often after work.

The music was pounding loudly. Deafening. Just to speak, you have to raise your voice. It's like people are just fighting. When I came home from there my voice immediately became hoarse, maybe that's what would happen to Singgih.

Singgih went around looking for Rolan. His gaze swept across the first floor. There was no shadow he was looking for. Go up to the top floor.

Women in skimpy clothes - clothes that lacked material - that showed off the curves of their bodies seemed to tempt Singgih who passed in front of them. One of them boldly approached Singgih with sensual body language. asking him out on a date, even leading to intimate language.

Singgih pushed away the woman's hand which was about to stroke the thin sideburns on his face. His gaze turned like a laser which immediately made the woman shudder in fear and immediately walked away while dragging her friends by the arms.

Singgih hissed in disbelief when he saw Rolan kissing passionately with a woman near the toilet. Rolan's body even squeezed the woman's body so that the woman couldn't move back because she was blocked by the wall.

"Rolan Hanggono."

"Hmm?" Rolan only answered in a mumble. His lips deepened the kiss on her.

"Rolan Hanggono!"

Rolan's kiss stopped, he pulled back his body and turned his head back in annoyance. His eyes widened to find someone from his past appearing.

"Si—Singgih?"

"Long time no see." Singgih walked over to Rolan.

Rolan's feet were nailed to the spot.

"How are you?" Singgih stopped in front of Rolan. Both are in the same straight line.

Rolan gulped down his saliva.

Singgih glanced briefly at the woman who had been kissed by Rolan. The woman smiled flirtatiously at him. "Your girlfriend?" he asked Rolan.

"No." Rolan answered succinctly.

"What?" the woman gasped in disbelief. "So what we've been doing all this time doesn't mean anything to you?"

"We agreed from the start, right?"

The woman brushes her hair with her hands. "Fuck!" She cursed as she punched Rolan in the stomach, then walked away in annoyance.

Rolan held his stomach, wincing in pain. Then he stood up straight, indicating that the punch didn't mean anything. Just like a child's powerless punch.

"I'm well." Rolan answered Singgih's question which had been delayed earlier. "Ooh... it's been a long time, haven't seen you. Come on, let's find a place to chat."

Rolan's footsteps sounded stiff like a robot.

*

Singgih headed to his new seat in class 2-1. The second his butt was about to land on the chair, a girl with long hair rebuked him.

"That's my seat."

"Oh, sorry."

Singgih got up, while his eyes glanced briefly at the chair he was about to sit at. There were no bags placed there and that meant no one was occupying the chair. Aah, but he's too lazy to argue with girl just because of the chair issue. Singgih then moved to a seat behind the girl.