Chapter 29

"What to do?" Sofie panicked when she saw Daisy walking out of her apartment unit. "Daisy won't be able to come out again," she worried.

Gendis just kept quiet. It was clear she was thinking about something... looking for a way out, of course.

"Gendis!" Sofie was angry to find out that Gendis was just silent.

"I'm thinking," said Gendis, sitting on the sofa with a crumpled face.

"I can't let Daisy marry that land crocodile! I don't want Daisy's life to be ruined. We have to find a way to save Daisy. But the problem is... it can't be, right, we ruin her wedding. We are just children in Daisy's Papa's eyes. There must be someone crazy... who could do something that reckless," she said, pacing back and forth.

Gendis' eyes widened, as if she had a brilliant idea - but crazy.

Likewise, Sofie's pacing suddenly stopped, as if she had just come up with a spectacular idea.

Sofie and Gendis glanced at each other.

"Don't tell me I'm thinking the same thing you're thinking too?" Sofie pointed at Gendis, unsure.

"Singgih?"

Sofie's fingers flicked. "Only he can do it."

Gendis nodded in agreement. "If it only disrupts the wedding," she doubted then, "Daisy's wedding can still be rearranged. The point is that Daisy has to run away from the wedding."

Sofie sat next to Gendis. Try looking for other spectacular ideas.

"Singgih can take Daisy away."

"No. No. Nope." Reject Gendis. "It's too dangerous. We still don't know who Singgih is."

"Let's ask Azka."

"Hmp?"

"Daisy is secretly investigating Singgih. This means that Azka has collected several things about Singgih. And, if Azka doesn't want to tell, for reasons of client confidentiality, hey, we can do a little bluffing."

Gendis smiled mischievously in agreement with Sofie's suggestion. Of course she knew Azka very well. She knows him so well that she even holds Azka's most important secret. A secret that she is ready to make viral if Azka refuses to cooperate with her.

Gendis immediately contacted Azka. A moment later, Azka's voice was heard answering on the other side.

"Azkaaa~ where are you?"

"Go to work. What's wrong?" Azka sounded alert with Gendis's uncharacteristically crisp voice.

"Still investigating Singgih?"

"Just get straight to it. What do you want?"

"I just want to know," Gendis' voice turned serious. "What kind of person is Singgih?"

"You may be my friend, but Daisy is my clientand, without the consent of the client I-"

"Your client, Mona, how are you?" Gendis interrupted, smiling mischievously.

"Hm?"

"If you don't want me to reveal your affair with-"

"Hey, hey, heeyy!" Azka interrupted quickly. "We can talk about this carefully," he coaxed as best he could.

Azka knows that Gendis is not the type of girl who likes to joke around, in fact she is too rigid in her life, so Gendis's sentence just now is a threat to her.