Chapter 34

That was the only way to make Daisy hurt and hate him. Even though he likes the girl, he still has to understand his situation.

    Sometimes he feels tired of his life.

    There is no ambition, not even hope.

    Everything seemed to have buried itself since he spent his youth in a jail.

    Stop hoping, that's the title of his current life.

    Singgih doesn't want to ruin the relationship between children and parents just because of him. His presence was enough to make Daisy's life difficult.

    If only he hadn't delivered the goods to where Pak Iwok - Grandma Ipon's neighbor - was; saving Daisy; not playing along with Daisy's game of pretending to be her boyfriend; then Rolan wouldn't have gone that far.

    Aah, if only he hadn't met Rolan that day and hadn't provoked Daisy, then none of this would have happened. And, he still works as Daisy's bodyguard. Still by Daisy's side. Guard it.

    Singgih took out his cellphone from his trouser pocket. Press one of the numbers he calls most often.

    The sound of someone saying hello was heard on the other side.

    "Tomorrow I'm going to Semarang."

    "Why?"

    "Quit."

    "You were discovered?" Reas looked worried.

    "Resign."

    "Why? Why?"

    "It just doesn't fit."

    "No there's something that immediately fits. That's why we need something called adaptation—"

    Singgih's steps stopped suddenly. He no longer listened to Reas' chatter on the other side when he saw Rolan walking towards him.

    At first Rolan didn't pay attention to him, and when his former friend walked closer, their eyes met.

    Rolan's steps stopped for a moment - perhaps he didn't expect to meet Singgih - then Rolan continued his steps towards Singgih.

    "Reas, I'll call you later."

    The telephone line is turned off. His hand put the cell phone back into his trouser pocket.

    Singgih walked over to Rolan. Now the two of them have stopped cutting the distance from each other.

    "Daisy rushed here because of you," Rolan sneered. "After taking away my fiancé, now you two are meeting in secret. Maybe after this I will soon marry Daisy." His smile expressed satisfaction.

    "It really hasn't changed." Singgih stared coldly at Rolan. "Reporting. Stalking. Feeling like a victim. Even though who is actually the victim here."

    "There's no evidence for your accusation. I could report this to the police for defamation. But I don't want my friend's life to be any more difficult."

    "Friend?" Singgih frowned. "Do you still remember friends?"

    "After all, I can't forget our friendship."

    "So, you still remember Ajeng, right?"

    Rolan's arrogant smile turned into a bitter smile.

    "All this time you knew where Ajeng was. You kept following her and making her scared. Is that not stalking?"

    Rolan's jaws clenched.