Chapter 18

"What the hell," cursed Daisy as she stepped out of the car. "So he's still in touch with his ex," she grumbled, acting like one of the clients on a reality TV show who was about to steal her boyfriend. "How pretty she is?"

    Daisy's cell phone rang at the same time she was about to enter the lobby of the Caisar Hotel. Azka's name flashes on the cellphone screen, she picked up.

    "What are you doing at the Caisar Hotel?" Azka said before Daisy could say hello.

    "How do you know?" Daisy looked around.

    "No need to look around."

    Daisy just kept looking around even more.

    "What's clear is that I can see you. Can you change your attitude? Pretend you don't know you're being watched."

    "Pretend what?" Daisy frowned in confusion.

    "Rolan." Azka said a name. "He's watching you."

    "What does this mean?" Daisy still can't figure out the situation.

    Azka's voice was heard on the other side of the phone explaining the situation that had occurred. Daisy's body immediately froze in place. The cell phone was turned off and with heavy steps she headed towards the elevator that would take her to the fourth floor.

    She slowly stepped out of the elevator and headed to room 401.

    Daisy saw that the door to the room she was going to was slightly open. Or it was deliberately opened as if waiting for her arrival. Her hand pushed open the door and saw a woman in skimpy clothing kissing Singgih's face tenderly. She stared in utter shock. Adult scenes that Daisy shouldn't watch.

    "Da—Daisy... I can explain." Singgih pushed the woman's body.

    Daisy saw a mischievous smile on the woman's face.

    "This is a misunderstanding. This is not what you see."

    Daisy's tears almost spilled. She couldn't cry here and half ran away from the place. Singgih chased her behind. Daisy quickened her steps and jumped into the elevator. Moments before the elevator doors closed tightly, she could still see Singgih trying to chase her.

    Daisy held her chest. Why is it this painful? Even though they were not lovers as she had told Rolan. But it felt like a wound dripping with salt water. It hurts... She couldn't stop her tears anymore. Her palm wiped quickly the wetness on her cheek.

    The elevator doors opened and Daisy rushed out. Rush to the parking lot. Suddenly Singgih held her back. Daisy's body turned backwards and her palm flew straight to Singgih's cheek.

    Unmoved Singgih.

    Daisy remained frozen in place after throwing a slap on Singgih's cheek. She couldn't hold back her tears.

    "I want to be alone..."

    Singgih's grip on Daisy's elbow loosened. Even though he had a heavy heart, he let Daisy out of his grip.

    Daisy jumped into the car and immediately drove away from the hotel grounds.

    In his place, Singgih was still nailing. His cell phone rang with Rolan's name appearing on the screen. His hand gripped his cell phone. It seemed he knew what was happening.

    "Wow, Roland. Didn't think you still have a grudge about what happened twelve years ago?"

    "I'm not a vengeful person." Rolan's voice sounded so light in response to Singgih's anger. "I just want you to know what it's like for the girl you like to leave you."