Chapter 32

You could say that Daisy rarely, perhaps only in a matter of fingers, goes to the Ekadanta Group office. This was visible to the employees who observed her as she passed through the cubicles in this room.

    Daisy's steps stopped in front of the secretary's desk.

    "Papa is in there?"

    The shoulder-length haired woman at the secretary's desk answered, "Pak Romi is inside."

    Daisy opened the door to Papa's room.

    How surprised Romi Ekadanta was to find that his missing daughter had now appeared in front of him. He got up from the chair and left the document he was reading to rush over and hug his daughter.

    "Daisy, do you know how worried Papa and Mama are?"

    "Sorry, Papa."

    Romi let go of his arms, then looked at his daughter's face, which looked thin in his eyes. "Why is Papa's daughter so skinny? Where have you been these past two days?"

    "Papa doesn't need to know where I am." Daisy smiled. "I'm fine, right?"

    "Come on, let's go home. Your Mama must be very happy to see you. Your Mama said she wouldn't eat until you were found."

    "Before that," Daisy bit the inside of her lip, "there's something I want to talk to Papa about."

    "We'll talk later. Papa will take you home first."

    "I want it now." Daisy insisted. She then took a seat on the leather sofa. "Because I can't make small talk, so I'll just get to the point."

    Even though Romi didn't know what his daughter was going to talk about, he still sat down to listen. He propped one leg up as he watched his daughter sitting across from him.

    "Why does it have to be Rolan?"

    "Rolan is fine. He has a stable job. Attention. The proof is that he doesn't want to see you in danger."

    Daisy hissed in annoyance. "Just because he told Papa that Mas Singgih was an ex-convict, doesn't mean he's a good person, Papa. Papa sure Rolan is that good?"

    "Rolan comes from a good family. Papa also knows Rolan's father. When you were little, you also played at Rolan's place. So, Papa knows their family."

    Something bothered Daisy when she heard her father's words just now. If she's ever played at Rolan's place, it means she's played in Semarang. Wait. If she remember again, Rolan was a high school student at that time. Daisy tried to recall her forgotten memories, oh she would later remember. What she has to do now is make a deal with Papa.

    "Papa knows? Rolan once approached me, but he also approached Sofie. If he was a good guy, he wouldn't ruin my and Sofie's friendship - okay, almost. And, we also caught Rolan making out with another girl. A guy like that who does Papa want to make his son-in-law?"

    "Don't make up fake stories."

    "It's up to Papa who you want to believe?" Daisy wasn't afraid. "Does Papa also know that Rolan and Mas Singgih are school friends?"

    Daisy could see the surprise on Papa's face. Good. She could continue to pressure papa with the next story. She had to lead Papa's thoughts into her heart.

    "You could say that the two of them are close friends. Mas Singgih doesn't have anything, and Rolan who knows about Mas Singgih's intelligence, uses him to get grades and rankings at school. One more thing Papa needs to know. Rolan was also at the scene with Mas Singgih."