Chapter 23

Noela half-ran to Singgih who was standing in front of the class. Both hands gripped the bag strap so that it didn't move here and there and remained on her shoulders.

    "Singgih." Noela stamped her feet when she arrived in front of Singgih. "Tomorrow accompany me to look for cloth, shall we just afternoon. When we get home we'll have meatballs. Mixed fruit ice dessert. How? I'll treat you, okay? Just like usual." Noe smiled broadly.

    However, Noe forgot that Singgih was no longer her best friend who she could drag wherever she wanted.

    "Singgih, we'll come tomorrow afternoon." Ajeng left the classroom carrying a bag.

    Singgih has not yet confirmed it. In fact, he was in a suddenly awkward situation. During the first break, Ajeng invited him to a cosplay event. Since there was no event tomorrow, he agreed. And, just now Noe took him to the market. He always accompanies Noe when hunting for fabric. But the problem is, he already made a promise to Ajeng - who invited him first.

    "Oh... you have an appointment with Ajeng?" Noe's wide smile turned stiff. "Yeah... that's it. We can go another time. It's not too urgent. There is still remaining stock of fabric at home. I'll go first, okay?" She said hastily.

    "Noe," Singgih called, trying to restrain his friend.

    But what Noela saw was actually speeding up her steps.

    "I'll go first." Singgih said goodbye to Ajeng. Then quickly followed Noe.

    Singgih never breaks promises. Because a promise is still a promise that must be kept.

    The next day, according to the agreed time, Singgih picked up Ajeng at the girl's home. For a moment, Singgih was fascinated by Ajeng's unique appearance, but beautiful like a fairy.

    "Beautiful, isn't it?"

    "Beautiful." Singgih's mouth parroted itself.

    "It's called Royal Fairytale." Ajeng explains the lolita concept she uses. A moment later she looked doubtful. "Or Neverland Lolita, huh? Aah, it's the same."

    "Are you sure you want to dress like that?"

    "I want to take part in a costume play." Ajeng laughed amusedly seeing the wrinkles on Singgih's forehead. "It's natural that I dress like this."

    "Just found out someone is selling clothes like that."

    "Borrow." Ajeng took the helmet from Singgih's hand. "Can you stop by Cindy's home for a moment?"

    "Of course." Singgih got on his Vespa.

    "She's the one who gave me this shirt. She said she wanted to dress me up too."

    Singgih nodded in understanding. And, as they drove along, the roads they passed immediately attracted glances - from people who stared in surprise and amazement. People might think that there are angels walking around in broad daylight.

    When they arrived at Cindy's home, they were greeted by the owner of the home in a friendly manner. Cindy's home that afternoon was empty - only Cindy was there.

    "Who is this, Jeng?" Cindy asked curiously.

    "Oh, this..." Ajeng just smiled reluctantly. "Friend."

    Singgih glanced briefly at Ajeng who this time acknowledged himself only as a friend. It's different if the person asking is a man or someone is asking to get to know each other, Ajeng loudly introduces himself as a boyfriend.