Chapter 28

Sofie woke up startled when suddenly an arm wrapped around her chest and immediately hugged her tightly.

    "Dai." Sofie tried to get rid of Daisy's arms that were shackling her.

    "Mas Singgiiiiih..." Daisy babbled, hugging Sofie even tighter.

    "Oh no, okay." Sofie shuddered when she heard Daisy's delirium, who called her bodyguard's name in a spoiled manner. "This girl is dreaming of porn. Dai, wake up!"

    "Soon, okay..." said Daisy, blushing shyly.

    Sofie screamed hysterically amidst the amusement that made goosebumps all over her body. "Daisy!" She jumped up.

    Sofie's scream was enough to wake Daisy up. Instantly, Daisy's eyes opened wide. The dream she had just had - whatever it was about Singgih - had disappeared.

    "Sophie!" Daisy hit Sofie's arm in annoyance. "What is it? I'm sleeping comfortably."

    "Nice, huh?" Sofie developed a playful smile. "What was your dream with Singgih?"

    Daisy choked. "Who - who dreamed about Mas Singgih?" Suddenly her face turned red.

    "Never mind, Dai." Sofie waved one hand. "You can't lie anymore. You like it, right?"

    Daisy was silent. Denying it was useless, because she wasn't good at acting to hide her feelings.

    "Huh." Sofie sighed bitterly. "I don't have a problem with who you like. But the problem is," she paused when she saw Daisy's gloomy face. "Why does it have to be him, Dai?" in fact she looked more frustrated.

    "If I can prove his innocence, everything will be fine, right?"

    "It's not that easy, Dai. Even someone who is innocent is blamed, which means there is someone powerful behind it."

    Daisy was silent. "Is there no way?"

    "I don't know, Dai." Sofie shrugged her shoulders. "Let's ask Gendis. Maybe she has a solution."

    Well, at least Gendis is the only one who can hope for a solution in this situation, although it's possible that the solution provided won't help much. This is the same as someone who has a problem providing a solution for someone else, even though she herself also needs a solution.

    "You're reckless, Dai." That was the first comment Gendis made after listening to Daisy's story, when she visited Sofie's apartment at work lunch time.

    "You're the worst one," accused Sofie, attacking Gendis back.

    "It's also alive. There's bound to be a problem." Gendis is starting to get used to Sofie attacking her about her marriage. "And it just so happens that we both have problems at the same time. We also don't want to have problems like this. Daisy might be better off, because the problem is still in her environment. As for me?"

    Gendis clutched her chest, as if to dramatize her situation.

    "Everyone knows that I canceled my marriage. The atmosphere in the office has become uncomfortable. So, the only solution is let's go on holiday!" Gendis' smile widened.

    "That's not a solution." Sofie took a bite of the donut. "The solution is the way out."

    "The way is always there. It's just that I can't think anymore. My mind is stuck. You're like that too, right, Dai?"

    Daisy nodded in agreement. Actually, rather than being stuck, maybe it's more about a dead mind.

    The three heads then turned together towards the entrance, when the doorbell rang.