Chapter 14

Why was Rolan Hanggono spying on him? To find out what he's doing here? Or to find out why-he-could-know-Daisy-and-be-his-girlfriend?

    Only the last guess is close to the correct answer. He didn't know how much Rolan's attitude had changed in the last twelve years, but he still remembered Rolan's attitude when he was his school friend. This former friend was not half-hearted in his actions if someone else took his wish.

    "Shit!" Rollan pushed Singgih's body until it hit the wall.

    "You misunderstand. I don't know anything." Singgih tried to let go of Rolan's hand which was gripping the collar of his uniform.

    "Traitor!"

    "We're not dating."

    "Ajeng said you two were dating."

    Singgih pushed Rolan's hand harder which almost strangled his neck. "You believe what she says more than me?"

    "Friends eat friends like you!" Rolan pointed at Singgih's face angrily. "No wonder you never want to be invited to hang out. You're busy? Yeah, you busy dating," he sneered. "Damn you, Nggih!"

    "My busy life is more important than dating," concluded Singgih. "It's up to you if you don't believe it."

    "Okay. You choose. Our friendship is over!" Rolan decided, then left.

    Singgih's breath blew out in anger. Their friendship was limited to this. It was only to the extent that Rolan trusted other people's words rather than his own friends. Since the beginning, Rolan never wanted to listen to explanations and always concluded from what he saw.

    The news of Singgih dating Ajeng spreads like the wind. The gossip also had an impact on his friendship with Noela.

    "Noe, can you listen to me first?" Singgih asked that afternoon, in front of Noela's home fence.

    "I talked about everything. From A to Z. From sweet to rotten, but you're hiding this?"

    "I'm really not dating Ajeng, Noela."

    "Oh yeah?" Noe folded her arms across her chest. Annoyed. "How long have you been dating?"

    Singgih let out a tired breath. "How many times do I have to say that I'm not dating Ajeng."

    Noela nodded in understanding. "I didn't expect you two to have the same taste." She quickly added when she saw Singgih was about to interrupt. "It must be difficult, right, having to hide from Rolan like this."

    Singgih's eyes rolled, her breathing became more and more tired.

    Twelve years have passed, and the news of Singgih and Daisy's dating seems to bother Rolan again, so he sends someone to watch over him.

    Singgih turned his steps back towards Rolan's men. The person was on the phone - who Singgih believed was giving a report to his master.

    In one swift movement, Singgih snatched the cellphone from the man's hand. One hand pushed the man's body until it hit the wall behind him. He read the name "Boss Rolan" on the cellphone screen.