Chapter 37

Singgih stood in front of Daisy's apartment unit door. He remained silent for a long time, even hoping that the door would open and Daisy would greet him with a smile.

    He really couldn't banish the image of Daisy from his mind. His heart still throbbed painfully seeing Daisy's tears that fell because of his words at that time.

    And, now he misses that spoiled girl. Even though he waited all day, Daisy still didn't come. The wait is nothing more than false hope.

    Can he love without the shadow of the past?

    Can he be with the girl he loves with all her flaws - without color in his life?

    And, can he be with Daisy Cattleya Ekadanta?

    Can?

    The ringing of the cell phone interrupted all of Singgih's thoughts about Daisy. Instead of daydreaming, why doesn't he just think realistically? Chasing the girl, maybe.

    Singgih read the caller's name on the cellphone.

    "Yes, Reas?" he said.

    "The two hundred million girl is here."

    "Hm?"

    "The girl you saved in the forest. Now she's here. In our home!"

    "Daisy?"

    "She said she wanted to stay here. Now she's in your room!"

    "I'll be there! Hold her until I come!"

    Singgih hung up the phone and rushed to the elevator. His heart was beating fast knowing that Daisy Cattleya was at his home. In his room, now.

    What is that girl doing at this hour?

    Gosh, he definitely won't get a plane ticket.

    Step Singgih jumped out of the elevator. His hands were busy dialing Daisy's cell phone number. A dial tone was heard, which was then followed by Daisy's voice.

    "Are you in Semarang?" said Singgih.

    "Reas told you?"

    "What are you doing there?"

    Singgih half ran towards the side of the road. His hand waved to stop a taxi or motorbike taxi that passed in front of him. Quickly head to the station. Maybe he could get tickets tonight.

    "Ran away again?" Singgih was worried.

    "No way." Daisy laughed crisply. "Oh, so this is Noela?" She exclaimed cheerfully.

    "..."

    "Wow, she's pretty."

    All of Singgih's movements stopped. His feet were nailed to the spot.

    The two were silent for a few moments.

    "I will be there." Singgih finally spoke up. "Don't go anywhere until I come."

    "I'll wait here."

    Singgih hung up the telephone line at the same time as he waved his hand to stop a passing taxi.

    *

    "Jeez. Love is scary." Azka folded his arms across his chest, leaning against the bedroom door while exploring Singgih's belongings.

    There aren't many things in this room which looks like a typical college student's boarding room. Apart from the mattress, two plastic cupboards, a table and chairs, as well as a hanging mirror and wall clock.

    "love is so scary, some people can become homewreckers."

    "Mona's household was already a mess. And, I was there exactly when they were having problems."

    "I'm not talking about Mona."

    "But I know where you're going."

    Daisy put on a hurt face because of Azka's accusation.

    "Huh." Azka snorted seeing Daisy's hurt face which was now starting to intimidate him. "Then are you sure you want to stay here?"

    Daisy nodded definitely. "I want to know what Mas Singgih's life is like. How hard Mas Singgih lives his life."

    "Your father would be shocked to see his daughter sleeping in a place like this. If only the boy who saved you at that time was not Singgih, but Rolan. Just for example, you know." Azka explained quickly when Daisy gave him a laser stare. "Will you fall in love with him too?"

    "No." Daisy answered firmly. "Because he hurt me. Why would I fall in love with a jerk like him!"

    "If it's not Rolan, but someone else."

    "Possible." Daisy answered uncertainly. "Yeah, back to the heart, anyway. My heart flutters or not when I'm with him. I don't fall in love easily."

    "Yeah, you were even willing to be Athan's shadow for years. When Gendis gets married, you two will meet again. I hope you don't fall in love with him again."

    "Where have you been, Sir?" Daisy laugh. "Gendis' wedding is cancelled. So, I won't meet Athan. And, there's no such thing as love blossoming again. Even if we do, we'll talk about our good times in London."

    "Cancelled!" Azka was shocked. "How come I didn't know?"

    "I'm the friend who just found out. Gendis is a very closed person. She rarely tells anything. You have to catch her first. Sometimes the bait we throw ends up eating us ourselves. Isn't that annoying?"

    "But this has nothing to do with Armand, right?"

    Daisy just stared at Azka silently as if to confirm Azka's guess.

    "Sofie knows this?"

    Daisy shook her head.

    "Huh. What would Sofie do if she found out her brother's wedding was canceled because of Gendis."

    "Who knows."

    "They are both single now. There's a chance they could be together."

    "Who knows." Daisy scratched her head. "If they are soul mates, they will definitely be together." His mouth then yawned widely. "Sleepy."

    "If you want to sleep, lock the door."

    "Oke. Be careful on the road."

    "I'm staying here too."

    "Hm?"

    "I can't leave you in a den of thieves."

    "They're not bad people."

    "Do you really know all of them? I don't want to take any chances. If your Papa finds out you're staying here, I might get kicked by your papa into outer space!"

    Daisy laughed amusedly.

    ***