Chapter 33

"Dai, where are you going?" asked Larasati - when she saw Daisy looking neat.

    "To the film premiere."

    "Mama accompany you." Larasati closed the fashion product catalog magazine.

    There was no reply or mumble of okay from Daisy. The girl just sat waiting for Mama to get dressed while looking at the catalog magazine that Mama had been reading.

    It didn't take long for Larasati to dress up. Usually it takes about an hour. there's just something to be fussed about: the hairdo is not okay; less bright eyelashes; the clothes don't match.

    And, whether this was a coincidence or intentional, what was clear was that Rolan's arrival that afternoon raised suspicions in Daisy's mind.

    Suddenly without any wind, Rolan came with a bouquet of red roses accompanied by a smile that bloomed like a flower. Unfortunately, this charming trick couldn't attract Daisy's attention. In fact, Daisy looked disgusted.

    "You guys made an appointment." Larasati was happy to welcome Rolan's arrival. "Why didn't you tell Mama you wanted to go with Rolan? Mama doesn't need to rush to change clothes."

    Daisy was silent.

    "Hurry up and go. The road will be jammed."

    Hm? Traffic jam? Since when are the streets in Jakarta not congested? At least during Eid, the streets are empty. It was so quiet, Sofie once took a photo in the middle of the main road, then uploaded it to her Instagram account. As a result, the photo reaped pros and cons from netizens. Yes, and things like that have become daily food for Sofie, and Sofie doesn't worry too much about it. If only she could be as indifferent as Sofie.

    Actually, it wasn't a problem this time, going with Rolan rather than with Mama, where of course there would be lots of restrictions on this and that. After only five minutes of setting foot in the cinema and she was immediately told to go home. Definitely said: 'What's important isn't it, it's here.'

    The car driven by Rolan drove out of the yard.

    "How do you know I want to go to the premiere?"

    "Because I'm your fiancé." Rolan smiled proudly.

    "When were we ever engaged?" Daisy laughed bitterly.

    "Okay, okay, my fiancé ran away with another guy." Rolan glanced briefly at Daisy. "Where have you guys been? No matter how far you run, you won't be able to go anywhere. Your father's people will definitely find you right away." His laugh was satisfied.

    "Mas Singgih said I had to talk to Papa. So," Daisy's eyes glanced briefly at Rolan, "I went home to talk to Papa. About our marriage. And about you."

    Rolan tightened his grip on the steering wheel. "What are you talking about?"

    "Miscellaneous."

    "It's useless, Dai. Our parents have already decided on our marriage. Your father won't cancel our wedding plans just because of what you said. Even if your father wants Singgih's son-in-law, at least he must clear his criminal record first. What would people say if they found out that Romi Ekadanta's son-in-law was a murderer?"

    "When two people love each other, do you think Mas Singgih will just watch his lover marry someone else?"

    The car driven by Rolan slowed down and stopped just as the traffic light turned red.

    "No matter how hard Singgih tried to get you, in the end all he did was in vain. You know what I mean, right?"

    Daisy smiled faintly as she turned to Rolan. "Thanks for the advice and ride." Then jumped out of the car.