Chapter 25

Daisy sat stunned on the edge of the bed. All day she was locked in her room, her father even confiscated her cell phone.

    The bedroom door was only opened at meal times, where Larasati - Daisy's mother - received orders from Romi Ekadanta to deliver food to her daughter. Larasati had heard about what happened to her daughter from her husband.

    Shocked, of course. They missed it. How could their precious daughter be with an ex-con with a case - ah, Larasati couldn't even imagine it. Usually, Larasati always gives her daughter support, whatever it is, as long as it is positive. However, this time Larasati was really disappointed by her daughter.

    "Come on, Dear." As disappointed as Larasati is, Daisy is still her child. Her affection is still the same and nows she even looks after her beloved daughter even more.

    "Where are we going, Ma?" Daisy moved towards Larasati who was standing waiting for her in the doorway.

    "Papa asked us to eat out."

    "Oh yeah?" Daisy is skeptical.

    An hour ago, her mother told her to choose the most beautiful clothes possible. Since Daisy wasn't in a happy mood, she chose clothes at random from the wardrobe. Her mother even stepped in to do Daisy's make-up. Having dinner or going to an invitation?

    "Come on, Papa is waiting." Larasati smiled gently to persuade her daughter.

    Daisy obeyed obediently and followed her mother down the stairs to the front terrace of the house, where her father was now waiting.

    Romi Ekadanta briefly assessed Daisy's appearance. Watching to see if her daughter looked embarrassing - and as usual her youngest daughter looked beautiful.

    "Just don't frown," reprimanded Romi Ekadanta, who had not yet seen the smile growing on his daughter's face. "When you get there, don't act. You have to smile a lot. Understand?"

    "Hmp." Daisy answered simply. Her smile was still difficult to develop.

    Without needing to wait any longer, they set off for their destination. She Didn't know where to have dinner and with a group of officials, perhaps?

    The destination that Daisy didn't know before, she now knew after the car entered the gate of a Michellin - starred restaurant. Dress, make-up, and smile, all for one purpose apparently, namely: to meet the Hanggono family. Without any explanation, Daisy could already read the purpose of this dinner.

    For what else?

    Of course, to build a deeper relationship between the two families. Ugh. After failing to match her daughter with Angga Djubroto, now she will be matched again with Rolan Hanggono. Is this still Siti Nurbaya's era? Besides, she wasn't the Gendis who agreed to an arranged marriage.

    After a series of introductions, smiles, the next step is to enjoy the meal.

    Daisy's palms squeezed in annoyance. The smile still widens even though it has to be forced. The reason was that the table she shared with Rolan was deliberately separated from the parents' table. The reason: so that she and Rolan could get to know each other without feeling awkward.

    Daisy roughly sliced the steak while glancing at the parents' table. It was so crisp there with jokes and laughter. Like a group of alumni having a reunion.

    "If we get married, you can eat here anytime. Every day is fine."

    "Just marry the one who owns the restaurant." Daisy fed a slice of steak nonchalantly.

    Rolan laughed scornfully. "Are you still expecting Singgih? He's an ex-convict, Daisy. Your life will be ruined if you are with him. Want to?"

    Daisy's slicing movement stopped, then resumed slicing gracefully. It was as if Rolan's words just now had no effect on her heart.

    "It's childish. It's like a girl just playing around with reports," said Daisy fiercely. "I had a fight with Sofie and I never reported it to my father."

    "I'm doing this for you."

    "No need."

    "What's so interesting about him, anyway?" Rolan frowned. "Your father won't allow you to date, let alone marry an ex-con. The future is also unclear."

    "My Papa also won't let his only daughter marry a man who has hurt his daughter." Daisy challenged. "If I were Ajeng," she looked at her sharply, "I would also choose Mas Singgih to be my boyfriend."

    "I'm much richer than Singgih." Rolan's grip on the knife and fork tightened in his hands. "I can buy you whatever you want."

    "Possible." Daisy nodded in agreement. "If I were material, I would have been chasing you a long time ago. The proof is, I'm more interested in Mas Singgih? Do you know why? Because he has an honest heart."

    "Honest?" Rolan scoffed. "If he's honest, he won't betray his friend. Just be careful, Dai, he could betray you. Right now, Singgih is running away with Ajeng. His ex-girlfriend. You must have seen Ajeng, right?"

    "Which Ajeng? Ajeng at the hotel or Ajeng at the doctor?"

    Rolan did not expect to receive a counterattack from Daisy.

    "When you called, you said Mas Singgih was reuniting with Ajeng in the hotel room. But Mas Singgih said it wasn't Ajeng. A few days ago, I was admitted to the hospital and the doctor who treated me was Doctor Ajeng. Then where do you know they ran away? It's impossible, right, you're watching them?"

    Rolan was surprised. His hardened jaw forced him to keep smiling.

    "Or do you still secretly like Ajeng?"

    Rolan's face turned tense.

    "Why?" Daisy laughed mockingly. "My guess is correct?"

    Rolan's jaw tightened even more.

    "What to do?" Daisy tugged at the corners of her lips. "We don't know where they are now. Just the two of them. Somewhere. And, they're adults."

    Rolan shook his head doubtfully.

    The corners of Daisy's lips lifted again. Her baiting sentence succeeded in disturbing Rolan. Daisy laughed in her heart, never play with Daisy Cattleya Ekadanta. A moment later, her laughter turned frantic when she thought back to her sentence just now.

    And, they are both adults...

    Daisy's mood got worse. It would be a lie if she didn't hope that Singgih would come back to her.

***