Chapter 26

The car stopped on the side of the road, in front of a luxury apartment building in the Kemang area.

"We can still meet, right?" Ajeng who was behind the wheel, turned to Singgih who was sitting beside her.

"Just call if you need my help." Singgih untied the seat belt strap.

Singgih opened the car door, one foot planted on the asphalt, but his body was still stuck in place when Ajeng called him.

Ajeng's eyes stared closely at Singgih. There was something she wanted to say, but hesitated then. She just smiled and said, "It's okay. Next time we meet again."

Singgih smiled back. "Be careful on the way."

"Hmph." Ajeng nodded. "Bye."

"Bye."

Singgih jumped down and let go of the car that drove him away.

The sky had turned dark. Car lights illuminate the road. Singgih lowered his hat, then walked into the apartment gate.

He moved quickly towards the luxury building, but was stopped at the guard post. Singgih lifted his hat and showed his face to the security guard.

"Oh, you're Miss Daisy's bodyguard, right?"

"Yes."

"I can't see you for the past few days. Usually you run in the morning. Now Miss Daisy is the one who jogs diligently in the morning."

Surprised Singgih. Then he rushed to Daisy's apartment unit.

Singgih's mind drifted back to what Daisy said when she was in the hospital. Daisy asked him to accompany her jogging after leaving the hospital. The girl really kept her word.

Singgih arrived at Daisy's apartment unit with an uncontrollable heartbeat. Unfortunately, the room was dark. There is only empty space. Maybe right now, Daisy is hangout with Sofie and Gendis.

Beep... beep... beep... biribep...

The sound of the door access code being opened suddenly made Singgih turn his body towards the entrance. He now looked like a seventeen year old teenager who had just discovered love again - after a long time. His heart was pounding waiting for the princess's arrival. A faint smile appeared on his face when he saw Daisy Cattleya standing there... in front of him - with a stiff face.

*

A suffocating hour and a half and now Daisy can breathe again the air of freedom from the fake smile that was shackling her.

"I want to get my things at the apartment." Daisy told Papa when she arrived in the restaurant hallway while waiting for the car to come to pick her up.

"Let Hansel take it."

"He doesn't know where my things are."

"Just tell him where you keep it."

"And let Hansel mess up my apartment?"

Larasati, who saw the tension between her husband and daughter, then stepped forward to intervene. She grabbed her husband's arm to stop him from interrupting Daisy. They are both equally stubborn.

"Papa." Larasati gave a small nod for her husband to allow Daisy to take her things from the apartment. "Just a moment, right, Dai?" She turned to Daisy to make sure.

"Just a moment." Daisy parroted obediently.

With compulsion, Romi complied with his wife's request to stop by Daisy's apartment for a moment.