Chapter 09

Daisy stretched her stiff neck while glancing at the wall clock. It's half past nine in the evening.

    Usually she finishes within three days for one story episode. Not to mention that she has to pay off the storyboard for the next episode in installments. She thought about looking for an assistant to help her with coloring the pictures.

    Suddenly her nose smelled boiled noodles. In her apartment? As far as she knows, she doesn't have instant noodles in stock. Oh no! She left her tablet pen and hurried out of her room. Maybe soon the smell of boiled noodles will break her diet program.

    Daisy approached Singgih who was enjoying a bowl of boiled noodles. She could even see the hot steam rising from the noodles that Singgih was blowing.

    "I bought noodles earlier. Want some?" Singgih offered when Daisy had taken a seat across from him.

    "After seven o'clock..." Daisy's eyes glanced at the bowl of noodles in front of her, "...I haven't eaten."

    Singgih nodded in understanding, then he smiled faintly.

    "Nice?"

    Oh no! Daisy's saliva was almost dripping. The noodles in the bowl seemed to scream loudly and tempt her. Eat me, Daisy. Eat, me...

    Singgih noticed that Daisy's gaze kept looking at his bowl of noodles.

    "One bite doesn't seem to be a problem."

    "Really?" Daisy is tempted by Singgih's persuasion.

    "Want me to make it?" Singgih offered once again.

    Daisy nodded happily. "Don't break the yolks," she asked enthusiastically.

    Singgih's lips curved into a smile.

    And, Daisy didn't have to wait long to immediately enjoy boiled noodles with eggs. One mouthful entered her mouth, then another, another, and another.

    "Aaarrgh!!" Daisy threw the spoon and fork into the bowl. Staring in shock and disbelief that she finished the bowl of noodles until the sauce was gone. "Why did I eat it all? Why did you let me..." She shouted at Singgih. "Oh, how is this?" She cupped both cheeks in her palms.

    "Eating once in a while won't make you fat." Singgih poured water from a glass jug into a glass, then handed it to Daisy. "Overeating is not good."

    Daisy accepted the outstretched glass while nodding in understanding. "From tomorrow until the next month, there is no smell of noodles in my apartment. Understand?"

    Singgih only responded with a smile which made Daisy fascinated. Oh, it's like she's in a Glenn Fredly and Audy song, Mesmerized at first sight.

    "Is your work finished?" Singgih removes dirty bowls to wash.

    "My work is never finished. Finished one, the other is still waiting. Just like the clothes we wear. Dirty, wash, wear. Dirty, wash, wear. That's the cycle. There will be no end. Yeah, unless I marry a conglomerate. Only then can I walk my life around."

    "Is Ekadanta Group's wealth not enough for you?" Singgih washes the bowl.

    The sound of running water from the tap disguised Daisy's voice.

    "Where did I pay you two hundred million if not from daddy's pocket."
    "Ten million?"

   "Fifty." Daisy raised all five fingers in the air. "Fifty." And raised the five fingers of her other hand in the air. "My salary plus the webtoon contract It's not enough to pay you. Besides, Papa is also looking for a reliable bodyguard to look after me. So, that's all."

    Singgih turned off the water tap, then returned to his seat.

    "Maybe if I worked at the Ekadanta Group like my two older brothers, I would definitely get a bigger salary than the salary I get now." Daisy then shook her head slightly. "Unfortunately, I'm not interested in business. I don't have the talent to lead either."

    "Just pay what you can."

    "The pay is small, the work becomes half-hearted. If I pay a lot, whoever works with me will definitely work optimally."

    During this time, Singgih worked wholeheartedly. It's just that work is never on his side. But this girl still maintained it even though she knew he was an ex-convict.

    "Rich daughter like you have associations, don't they?"

    "If you mean a socialite group, maybe there is one. But I'm not joining. Oh my gosh, I don't have time. I have the pile of work. There's no boyfriend. My life as the third generation in the Ekadanta Group is really sad. Just Kak Evan—"

    Singgih frowned.

    "—my first brother. The one who holds Ekaroyal." Daisy explained briefly. "Kak Evan can still go on holiday abroad with his wife and children, while me? On holiday in the forest because I was kidnapped. How poor me..."

    "How much is your ransom?"

    "Hm?"

    "You alone can afford to pay me two hundred million. Your ransom will definitely be more than that."

    "Why? Want to kidnap me?" Daisy gave a playful smile. "Just kidnap Sofie. Sofie asked to have her heart kidnapped by you." She chuckled in amusement.

    Singgih failed to understand Daisy's joke.

    "You know Sofie, right?"

    "Your friend."

    "There's a TV at home, right?" Daisy was surprised.

    The reason is, from what Daisy saw this afternoon, it seemed that Singgih didn't respond at all, in fact he didn't have any interest in Sofie Nugraheni, who is a celebrity - just asking for small talk; just a photo together; or just spread charm. Singgih's flat face implied that his bodyguard didn't know Sofie.

    Singgih's shake of the head added to Daisy's shock.

    "What era do you live in? Neolithic? Megalithic? Flintston? Kingston?"

    "Nek Ipon doesn't have a TV either."

    "Okay, when I visit Nek Ipon's home, I'll buy a TV. I'll install WiFi as well. So you don't end up being quota poor."

    "What Nek Ipon needs... her children."

    "What I need now—" Daisy put a hand on her chin, "love."

    ***