Chapter 16

Daisy paced like an iron in the living room. Her small steps were anxious back and forth. Occasionally she opened the window curtains to see whether Singgih had arrived or not. The gate of the home was still closed and Pak Kus - the security guard on guard - was relaxing enjoying a cup of coffee.

    The sound of the gate creaking was heard. Daisy went to the window and opened the curtains. She smiled with relief when she saw the car driven by Singgih enter the yard.

    "Ma, I'm going now!" Daisy grabbed the bag on the sofa.

    Daisy couldn't hide the pounding in her heart when her steps brought her closer to Singgih.

    Singgih jumped out of the car, rushed to the back door, and opened the door for the princess.

    Daisy's body didn't move when she saw the bodyguard's bruised face. Her heart even throbbed painfully. The results of Azka's report stated that Singgih received six stitches on his arm.

    "This... fell yesterday." Singgih was still standing next to the open car door.

    "It's pain?" Daisy couldn't control her voice which was starting to turn hoarse.

    "No." Singgih smiled and shook his head.

    Seeing Singgih's smile inevitably made the corners of Daisy's lips lift into a smile. She then jumped into the car.

    Singgih closed the car door, then walked to the driver's side.

    On the way - still the same as yesterday - the only sound was the sound of a radio DJ saying hello to the morning.

    "Today I will go back to stay in the apartment."

    Silence rolled around again.

    Honestly, Daisy felt awkward about this situation, especially after she found out about Singgih. Singgih's ex-convict status will certainly cause big problems if her family and friends find out. However, she really hopes that Azka's investigation will bring hope to Singgih.

    *

    The aroma of noodles wafted through her apartment. A bowl of boiled noodles with eggs successfully broke Daisy Cattleya Ekadanta's diet. Okay. Just think of this as welcoming Singgih and returning her to the apartment.

    "Why do you kill?"

    Singgih's body movements stopped.

    Daisy bit her lower lip. After a long silence, she actually started a conversation by opening up about Singgih's past.

    "I don't remember anymore."

    "Revenge? Money? A girl - perhaps?"

    It took a long time for Singgih to answer. "Girl... maybe," he parroted.

    "Your girl was taken? Then you two fight and—"

    Singgih looked up slowly. That cold gaze softened when he looked into Daisy's beady eyes. "It's better that you don't have to know about my life."

    "When did it happen?"

    "In high school."

    "How many years was punished?"

    "Ten years."

    "How long have you been free?"

    Daisy's attitude was like that of an officer who was just investigating a suspect.

    "Two years."

    "That means you are thirty years old now?"

    "More or less."