𝟰𝟰 closure

✩ 𝐈 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔, 𝐈'𝐌 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘

chapter forty four — closure

"It can't just be over."

"It is," She blatantly replied as Conrad turned briefly to look at me, his eyes looked hollow like you could look straight through him.

"Uh, I'm gonna need your keys, please," Julia held her hand out as Conrad scoffed before rummaging around in his pocket until he pulled out the silver keys.

"I'll bet you're really enjoying this," He fiddled with the keys in his hand, with no intent of handing them over any time soon.

"Mom, don't do this," Skye sighed as they shook their head.

"Skye, really?"

Julia quickly uttered for Skye to follow her as she made her way past the boys, keys in hand. Skye was debating whether to trail behind their mother until they finally sighed and turned to hurry after her.

The two Fisher brothers looked lost, and I didn't know what to suggest. I could Skye arguing with their mom from afar which oddly was satisfying because it meant Skye had some morals. The car pulled away from the driveway and Skye stood with their arms crossed as their mom quickly disappeared down the path.

Everyone began to head into the house, disregarding Julia's previous words; I waited up for Skye not wanting them to be alone as they made their way up the steps.

"That was brave of you Skye," I smiled to which they weakly smiled back, "I know the boys appreciate you standing by their side."

"It's just, that I can't stand behind my mom's actions, it's not right," Skye sighed as I nodded before we both joined the others in the kitchen.

Jere seemed to be doing some sort of pep talk but I don't think anyone was in a bright happy mood to follow along with his words of encouragement.

"Um... I 'm-I'm sorry. I-I tried to get her to call off the deal."

"It's not on you, Skye," Conrad let out a breath as he looked down at the counter, it was nice to see that he had finally accepted that Skye had no doing in what Aunt Julia was doing with the house.

"I know, but she's my mom, so I would get it if you guys were angry with me, too," They crossed their arms as she muttered under her breath, "I just can't deal with her right now."

"Hey, no one's mad at you, Skye," Jere pulled them into his side briefly before pulling away as Steven began to speak.

"So, what? We're supposed to go home now?" I looked at Kath who was leaning against the sink beside Taylor, my face contorted to a look of disappointment as I finally realised the trip was coming to an end.

"It's over."

"No," Belly snapped as Conrad gave her a sharp look at her sudden words, "Our-our last memory here can't be this, everyone miserable and defeated," We all turned to look at her as a smile graced her face before she jumped down from the counter.