Chapter 33

When Lu Qi opened the door, he raised an eyebrow at the figure standing outside. "What are you doing here?"

Jiang Bai remained calm. "Since you and Lu Yao both took sick leave today, the teacher asked me to come and inform you about the homework."

Lu Qi looked puzzled and grumbled, "You could have just sent a message. Why did you have to come all the way here?"

Jiang Bai's expression didn't change as he bluntly retorted, "I came to visit Lu Yao."

Jiang Bai implied that his visit was specifically to see Lu Yao and had nothing to do with Lu Qi, suggesting that Lu Qi shouldn't get the wrong idea and meddle unnecessarily.

Hearing Jiang Bai's voice at the door, Lu Yao came out as well.

Seeing Lu Yao's pale face, Jiang Bai frowned slightly and asked with a tone of concern that was hard to hide, "Have you taken your medicine? You still look quite unwell."

Lu Yao coughed lightly, his voice hoarse and deep, "I took the medicine when I woke up earlier."

"Gurgle, gurgle—"

As soon as Lu Yao finished speaking, his stomach suddenly growled loudly, expressing its discontent after being empty for most of the day.

Hearing the growling, Lu Yao pressed his lips together, his face still seemed calm, but the tips of his ears turned bright red with embarrassment.

Lu Qi casually suggested, "Let's order takeout. You haven't eaten all day."

Seeing that Lu Yao, who was sick, hadn't eaten anything all day, Jiang Bai's eyes darkened, and he frowned disapprovingly. He said, "Why aren't you taking better care of your body even though you're sick? Even if you don't have an appetite, you should eat something. When you're ill, you need proper nutrition to recover quickly."

Lu Yao looked up at Jiang Bai's suddenly serious face and felt inexplicably guilty.

Lu Yao: "I—I just accidentally slept in."

Jiang Bai had initially thought Lu Yao hadn't eaten all day due to a lack of appetite. Hearing his explanation, Jiang Bai looked at Lu Qi with disdain. How could Lu Qi be so careless in taking care of a sick person, allowing him to go a whole day without eating anything?

Forget it; it was a hopeless fantasy to expect Lu Qi to properly care for Lu Yao. It was already commendable if this young master, who was pampered and inexperienced, could take care of himself.

Jiang Bai sighed, "Don't bother ordering takeout. I'll make some congee and vegetables for you."

Hearing Jiang Bai's offer, Lu Qi, without hiding his skepticism, asked, "You can cook?"

Jiang Bai replied calmly, "If you don't want to eat, you don't have to. I wasn't planning on making any for you anyway."

Lu Qi wasn't pleased and argued back, "Well, I'm going to eat it! Who knows if what you make is edible? I need to make sure Lu Yao is okay and that your cooking doesn't make him worse."

Lu Yao: "..."

Here they go again! Lu Qi and Jiang Bai never miss an opportunity to bicker.

Since Lu Yao started sitting with Jiang Bai, he has witnessed countless exchanges of verbal jabs between them. They seem to be natural adversaries, always at odds.

When Jiang Bai entered the kitchen and saw the mess everywhere, and learned about Lu Qi's earlier "efforts" from Lu Yao, he couldn't help but roll his eyes and look at Lu Qi leaning against the kitchen door with exasperation.