Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Although Jiang Bai provided a sketch of the suspect, the short kidnapper among the three had strong counter-surveillance skills, so the police hadn't been able to capture them yet.

As long as the kidnappers were still at large, even with heavy security around, Father Lu and Madam Li were still uneasy about Lu Yao going to school.

It seemed that Lu Qi was frightened by the last incident. Even though security had been increased inside and outside the villa, he still wasn't comfortable leaving Lu Yao alone at home and insisted on taking leave to stay home with Lu Yao.

Father Lu and Madam Li also felt that under the current circumstances, letting Lu Qi go to school indeed posed a safety risk. If the kidnappers targeted Lu Qi instead, it would be worrisome. Therefore, they agreed to let Lu Qi stay home.

In the Lu family's living room.

Seeing Lu Yao get up, Lu Qi, who was playing a game console, quickly looked up and asked, "Where are you going?"

Lu Yao's voice was filled with helplessness, "... to the bathroom."

Since Lu Yao came home, Lu Qi seemed to treat him like a fragile object. The moment Lu Yao was out of sight, Lu Qi feared he would be silently kidnapped again. Although Lu Yao found this constant questioning a bit helpless, thinking about how the kidnapping had caused his family a lot of fear, he indulged Lu Qi's behavior.

Seeing Lu Yao return to the living room shortly after, Lu Qi finally felt at ease and continued playing his game console.

"Ding dong—"

Hearing the doorbell, Lu Yao saw the face on the intercom screen and was about to get up to open the door but was pressed down by Lu Qi.

Lu Qi said, "I'll get it, you stay seated."

Lu Qi opened the mahogany door of the villa, leaning against it impatiently, his voice filled with obvious disdain, "Why are you here again?"

Despite Lu Qi's unwelcome attitude, Jiang Bai's expression remained unchanged. He ignored Lu Qi and walked into the Lu home as if he belonged there.

Jiang Bai didn't bother to argue with Lu Qi, who he thought had the mentality of a three-year-old child.

Lu Qi was so angered by Jiang Bai's attitude that he jumped up, "Hey, you're really being impolite now, aren't you? Why do I feel like you, as a guest, are more arrogant than me, the host?!"

Jiang Bai glanced at him, raising an eyebrow, "It was Uncle Lu and Auntie Li who told me to feel at home and come over often. Are you now questioning what they said?"

Lu Qi pouted, "If you're so bold, why don't you stop using what my parents said to pressure me?!"

Hearing the commotion at the door, Lu Yao's stern brows gradually softened into a smile.

Since Jiang Bai's injured ankle had improved significantly, he had been discharged and returned to the Jiang household. Jiang Bai's parents and Old Master Jiang were not comfortable with him going back to school just yet, so they let him rest at home for a while. The villa area where both the Lu and Jiang families lived had very strict security, and during his recovery, Jiang Bai often came over to the Lu house to hang out with Lu Yao.

Jiang Bai and Lu Qi argued every time they saw each other, and Lu Yao was already used to their routine bickering.

Jiang Bai sat down naturally next to Lu Yao in the living room.

Lu Yao said, "Let's play a game of 'Hero Glory' first. My uncle said he's stuck in traffic and will be home later."

When Lu Yao was kidnapped, he and Lu Qi's uncle, Lu Shen Yuan, was preparing for an important match. Father Lu and Madam Li were worried this incident would affect Lu Shen Yuan's performance, so they didn't tell him until the situation was resolved.