Chapter 73

Chapter 73

Following the forest path, Jiang Bai saw Lu Yao leaning against a tree, holding a sharp stick, and confronting the wild boar.

The wild boar's sharp tusks were pointed up, and it stared fiercely at Lu Yao, with thick saliva dripping from its mouth.

The wild boar's back was facing Jiang Bai, so it didn't notice his arrival.

When Lu Yao saw Jiang Bai appear, he frowned and kept signaling Jiang Bai not to come closer.

Although Jiang Bai noticed the signals, he ignored them and quietly picked up a rock.

Seeing the wild boar suddenly charge at Lu Yao, Jiang Bai's face went pale with fear, and he rushed forward.

Just as the wild boar was about to collide with Lu Yao, Lu Yao suddenly leapt aside and rolled to avoid the boar's fierce attack.

The wild boar crashed into the large tree behind Lu Yao, and its sharp tusks got stuck in the trunk due to inertia.

Seeing Jiang Bai planning to attack the boar from behind with the rock, Lu Yao, now able to relax, couldn't help but shout angrily, "Are you crazy? Do you have any idea how dangerous this is?"

Once the wild boar's tusks were stuck in the tree trunk, was Jiang Bai planning to throw himself into the net?!

Jiang Bai, holding the rock tightly, didn't respond with any rebuttal. From his expression, it was clear he showed no remorse.

Lu Yao knew that now wasn't the time to argue with Jiang Bai. As he watched the boar twisting and turning, seemingly preparing to free its tusks and launch another attack, Lu Yao's eyes flashed with a hint of determination.

The wild boar could escape the tree trunk's constraints at any moment, and with its full speed, escaping would be difficult for both him and Jiang Bai.

The boar let out a piercing, aggressive scream, and blood suddenly sprayed from one of its eyes.

As Lu Yao was about to take action again, the wild boar abruptly pulled its tusks out of the trunk.

Instinctively, Lu Yao grabbed Jiang Bai's hand and pulled him towards the denser part of the forest, trying to use the trees to obstruct the large and clumsy wild boar.

Hearing the boar's breathing growing closer, Lu Yao and Jiang Bai held hands tightly, running forward as fast as they could.

Several times, Lu Yao felt the boar's heavy breath on his back.

Just as the boar was nearly upon them, its sharp tusks almost reaching them, Lu Yao and Jiang Bai suddenly stepped onto a pile of dead branches and fell into a deep pit.

The boar, following closely behind, also crashed heavily into the bottom of the pit.

The two men fell onto a pile of straw and instantly lost consciousness. Without the cushioning of the straw, the boar quickly succumbed to its injuries, and the stench of pig's blood filled the pit.

After a while.

Lu Yao, recovering from his dizziness, slowly opened his eyes and anxiously called out, "Jiang Bai!"

He tentatively reached out his hands and suddenly touched a familiar body.

Guided by the faint moonlight coming into the pit, Lu Yao slowly made his way to Jiang Bai.

He softly called Jiang Bai's name, and Jiang Bai gradually regained consciousness.

Lu Yao noticed a strong smell of blood coming from Jiang Bai and, with a serious expression, asked, "Jiang Bai, how are you?"