Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Wang family, living room.

Wang's father, Wang Shining, Wang Chen, and his biological mother Liu Mei were all in the living room.

Watching the online comments, Wang's father was furious.

He paced back and forth anxiously, directing Wang Chen, who was sitting on the sofa, "Why hasn't the PR department managed to suppress this trending topic yet?!"

Wang Chen responded nonchalantly, "They're working on it."

He glanced at Wang Shining, who sat nearby, pale and scared, not expecting that Wang Shining could cause such a huge disaster.

Wang Chen exchanged a look with Liu Mei, who was sitting calmly on the other side. The distressed Wang's father didn't notice that this mother and son seemed to be plotting something.

Although Wang's father was desperately trying to suppress the issue, the public's anger was hard to contain.

In addition to dealing with the public's outrage, the company's board members also demanded an explanation from Wang's father.

Wang's father was so pressured that his eyes turned red with anger. After hanging up on an angry shareholder, he kicked over a chair in the living room in fury.

Wang Shining cowered in fear, terrified of making any noise that might draw his father's attention. But since he was the cause of this whole mess, Wang's father, despite his rage, would never forget him.

Wang's father, who once favored this illegitimate youngest son, now hated him deeply.

Seeing Wang Shining's pathetic appearance, Wang's father grabbed a glass and threw it at him, "I should never have brought you, this scourge, home!"

Seeing the glass flying towards him, Wang Shining turned pale and quickly dodged, narrowly avoiding being hit.

Finally, Liu Mei, who had been sitting quietly, spoke slowly, "Enough, no matter how angry you get, it's useless now. Think about how to deal with this."

Wang's father initially wanted to scold Liu Mei too, but he remembered that he might need her family's help. He forced a smile, "You're right, Meimei. Do you have any good ideas?"

Liu Mei felt nothing but disgust at his affectionate words. If she didn't want to extract more from him, she would have divorced this disgusting man long ago.

Liu Mei suggested, "First, suppress the trending topic. No matter the cost, it must be taken down."

Unfortunately, while they wanted to suppress the topic, Wang family's business competitors were eager to see them suffer. They were like hyenas and wolves, pushing the issue to deal a severe blow to the Wang family. The market and profits were limited, and if the Wang family collapsed, their competitors would gain more.

By evening, the trending topic was finally taken down. However, it had already been trending for nearly half a day. Anyone who spent even a little time online or followed the news was aware of the incident.

The next morning, the Haishi Police Department, responsible for handling the case, swiftly issued an announcement.

As Lu Yao had previously told Zhang Xinyang, Wang Shining was fined 1,000 yuan and given administrative detention without execution, according to current regulations.

Zhang Xinyang had anticipated this outcome. What he was truly looking forward to were the subsequent ripple effects.

Not long after the announcement, the stock market opened.