41

Chapter 41

A year and a half later.

"Clang-clang-clang-"

The sound of iron plates being knocked rang out, and many children rushed out of the adobe houses next to the sunning field. The originally quiet open space suddenly became noisy.

"School is over, school is over!"

"What did you learn today?"

"Let's go home together."

"Teacher Zhang left a lot of homework today. I have to finish it quickly, otherwise it will waste the kerosene lamp when it gets dark, and my mother will scold me again."

In one of the rooms, Meng Dongran packed his schoolbag slowly, a grass-green shoulder bag that his grandmother Li Lanxiang sewed for him with a piece of clothing, with a shining red star on it.

While most children don't have schoolbags, Meng Dongran's small schoolbag attracted many envious eyes.

After packing his schoolbag, Meng Dongran didn't rush home, but used the broom in the corner of the classroom to sweep the classroom.

"Zhuangzhuang, you haven't left yet?"

Meng Dongran looked at the person who came and found that it was teacher Sun Yating. The other party was holding a book in his hand. His long hair had become shoulder-length hair. His temperament was gentle and capable.

"Teacher Sun, I am an adult now. Don't call me Zhuangzhuang anymore. Call me by my full name." Meng Dongran's face was still chubby, his eyebrows were twisted, and he looked very serious, like a little adult.

Sun Yating couldn't help laughing, "Yes, classmate Meng Dongran."

Time flies. When they first met, Xiao Zhuangzhuang, who sweetly called her beautiful sister, has now become a reserved and elegant scholar.

In the past, Meng Dongran's temperament was like Meng Wanqiu, but since he went to school, he has become more and more like Pei Xingzhi. The reason may be that Pei Xingzhi is the one who controls Meng Dongran the most. The person who is most important to Meng Dongran's study in the family is not Meng Yanchun, Dong Hanyun, or Meng Wanqiu, but his uncle Pei Xingzhi.

Pei Xingzhi is very strict with Meng Dongran. He does not allow Meng Dongran to slack off in his studies. In addition to the content taught in school, he will also give him extra lessons in private and talk about a lot of extracurricular content.

Over time, Meng Dongran admired Pei Xingzhi more and more. Children will subconsciously imitate whoever they like. Meng Dongran is now a small version of Pei Xingzhi.

"Dongaran, why don't you go home yet?" Sun Yating asked curiously.

Meng Dongran picked up his schoolbag from the table and hung it on his shoulder. "I'm leaving soon. Shuanzi from Dawan Village is on duty today, but his home is far away. It will be dark when he returns home after cleaning the classroom, so I will help him clean. Anyway, my home is close."

Sun Yating was stunned when she heard the reason. Shuanzi from Dawan Village, she knew this child, had only come to school a week ago.

Dawan Village is six or seven miles away from Qinghe Village. It stands to reason that children who live far away should not be assigned to duty. It should be that Yang Xue didn't pay attention.

Looking at Meng Dongran's soft head, Sun Yating felt warm in her heart. The Meng family is really good at educating children. If it were other people, the children would never think of this. But Meng Dongran not only thought of it, but also took the initiative to take the duty for Shuanzi. He is really a careful and kind child.