60

Chapter 60

In the barren northwest land, the cold wind roared wantonly, and the yellow dust filled the sky, forming a thick barrier to block the sunlight. The air was dry and dry.

The Laogai Farm was built below Xi'an. Except for the guards holding the wood warehouse, the rest was the same as other farms.

It was late autumn, and the crops in the fields had been harvested, leaving only bare roots, which were lifeless and yellow.

Rows of kilns were built on the hillside. A man wearing a thin cotton cloth and patched clothes walked out of the kiln. He was thin, but his back was straight, like a white poplar that would never bend.

The cold wind blew up his patched clothes, making his skinny figure look even thinner, as if a strong wind could take him away.

The man was probably in his fifties, with a gentle and gentle temperament. Even though his face was so thin that it was unrecognizable, one could still vaguely see his handsome appearance when he was young.

Pei Zhongyuan put his hands behind his back and looked up at the sky. His eyes reflected the vast world, and deep in his eyes were emotions that others could not understand.

"Old Pei, there is a letter for you!"

A loud voice rang out on the winding path connecting the kilns, interrupting Pei Zhongyuan's meditation.

He smiled, walked outside the yard, and looked at the people who were running towards him excitedly, "Old Zong, are you kidding me? Or are you too old to see the words clearly? Don't take other people's letters?"

Since the incident that year, Pei Zhongyuan has been restricted from moving and has been locked up for a whole year. After he was released, he was transferred to various places and finally stayed in this farm. Up to now, he has been here for seven years.

In these eight years, Pei Zhongyuan has not received any letters related to him.

He doesn't know the news of his parents and Xingzhi. As for his wife, he is not worried. When the incident happened, the other party had already sent a divorce agreement. Pei Zhongyuan did not entangle it and wrote his name neatly.

What he always worried about was his parents who gave birth to him and his child Xingzhi.

When he left, Xingzhi was only a ten-year-old child with a mature personality, more reliable and stable than many adults. I wonder if he has taken good care of himself and his grandparents.

If possible, Pei Zhongyuan did not want to give the responsibility of supporting his parents to his young only son. It was just bad luck, he had no choice but to think positively.

In the kiln, Pei Zhongyuan and Zong Xuehai sat at the table. The door had to be closed due to the bad weather in the northwest, otherwise the sand would blow into the room. The tightly closed doors and windows blocked the light, and it was very dark inside.

Without an oil lamp, the dim light still illuminated the handwriting on the envelope.

Recipient: Pei Zhongyuan

Sender: Pei Xingzhi

Even though it was clearly written on the envelope, Pei Zhongyuan still couldn't believe it, and his hands under the table were shaking.

"Look, the surname is Pei and the name is Xingzhi. Isn't that the son you always mention? Hurry up and open it. You haven't contacted your family for many years. See how your uncles and aunts are doing?" Zong Xuehai urged Pei Zhongyuan.

There is a saying that one is afraid of being close to home, and Pei Zhongyuan is in this state now.

He wanted to see it, why not, he was almost crazy thinking about it.