Chapter 98

❤️please vote, comment, share and follow. Reads have increased but votes hasn't. Please vote or I will post only twice or thrice in a week depending upon how much votes I get. I will increase the vote target as well.

What is the problem with voting, commenting,, following. In just the last 5 months my followers increased from 3k to 5k in gn. Where as here it has gone from  3.09k to 3.1. only 100 followers??

That app is paid and I get paid there for my updates, though you can read it for free. But it is already free here on this platform. So if you can get free regular updates here for free, why can't you vote or comment or follow. It is very dis heartening. I used to get just the appreciation here but if wp is not promoting my books or if you can't appreciate, i will post as it would be convenient to me and if I want.( Guys I am jot saying ot to those who vote everyday or comment daily only if it is just an emoji. Or write a single line, and all those who follow me. I am thankful to you.) i am telling  all the silent readers to get activated.

Please don't discourage me  to stop updating daily. I have been posting 2 chapters a day. Tell me one more writer who is so regular. Still if you can't appreciate... I can't help it.

Anyway since the target was met, here is another chapter for my lovely readers. Thanks a lot, but if you are not following till now please do it. I think, I deserve that, don't you?

🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻

Tami's POV

Everything was going fine and Mihir's behaviour had become better if not absolutely normal.

I was going to my department when I heard Gauravi's voice. I turned to see that Gaurvi and Shlok Jiju were coming my way. They smiled as soon as they saw me. I greeted Jiju and he hugged me lightly.

" Hey!! When did you both come back from your honeymoon? "  I asked.

" Last night, and we came to have the first scan. " She said.

" Oh, okay! All the best. " I said.

" Hmmm thanks, Shlok, I am feeling hungry and I am craving to have my favorite pasta here at the hospital cafeteria. Let's go, today I will treat both of you to my favorite pasta. " She said. Pulling us to the cafeteria. We went there and occupied one table.

" I am so excited to see if our little peanuts are as pretty as her mom or are going to be as charming as me. "

" Peanuts?? " I asked.

" Yes, peanuts... Plural in numbers. We are going to have twins. "

" Wow!!! " I said with excitement.

" It is too long before you get to know this, it is just our third month. " She said.

" I know... I am just going crazy thinking if they are girls or boys or one boy and one girl. He said. His excitement was very contagious.

I sat at the table in the hospital cafeteria, enjoying the rare moment of light-heartedness with Gaurvi and Shlok. After everything that had happened, reconnecting with my sister felt like a breath of fresh air. We laughed, reminiscing about our childhood and catching up on lost time.

Just then I saw Mihir approaching. His expression was stormy, and I felt a pang of anxiety. Something was wrong. Gaurvi saw him too and immediately stood up.

"Hello, Mihir! How are you?" she asked, her voice tentative.

He ignored her, his eyes locked on me. "Tami, can we talk for a moment?" His voice was sharper than usual, and I could tell he was angry.

Gaurvi looked at me, surprised and a bit hurt by his tone. "Mihir, would you not even talk to me? Don't be so angry, I know, I should have talked..." Gaurvi tried to approach him, but Mihir cut her off.

"Excuse me, I need to talk to my wife," he said curtly.

"Sure, Mihir. But we need to talk as well," Gaurvi said, her voice softening.

"I don't think so... Anyway, Tami, we need to talk," he repeated.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"Not here. In private," he said, walking away without waiting for my response.

I hurried after him, my heart pounding. What was going on? When we reached a quiet corner, I turned to face him. "What’s wrong, Mihir?"

"I don't appreciate you sitting there, chatting with Gaurvi and Shlok like everything is perfectly fine," he snapped.

I felt my heart sink. "What do you mean? They’re family. I met my sister after so long, we had so much to catch on, and I suggest you be a bit polite with her... them."

"It looked more like you were having the time of your life with them. And you want me to be polite? Polite? With them? Did you forget how they betrayed me?" His words were like a slap, and I felt a surge of confusion and hurt.

"I haven't forgotten, Mihir. But holding onto that anger isn't going to help anyone. We need to move forward," I said, trying to stay calm.

"Move forward? With them around, flaunting their happiness? It's like a slap in my face!" he shouted.

"Mihir, you're letting your anger control you. Gaurvi and Shlok's actions hurt you, I understand that. But taking it out on me isn't fair," I said, my voice shaking.

"Fair? Do you think this is about being fair? But why would it bother you? Whatever they did was good for you, at least. I’m stuck in a marriage I never wanted because of their selfishness! In fact, both you and your sister are selfish," he accused.

His words hit me like a ton of bricks. Tears welled up in my eyes, but I fought to hold them back. "I never wanted to be a replacement, Mihir. But I've tried to make this work. For us. For your father. I thought we were making progress."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Well, maybe I was wrong. Maybe this was a mistake."

The pain in my chest was unbearable. "If that's how you feel, then maybe we should stop pretending. Maybe I should sign the papers and set you free. You can never get over your past."

He looked at me, stunned. "Tami, wait. I didn't mean—"

I cut him off, my voice breaking. "No, Mihir. You were clear. You think that I married you for my selfish reason only, even after you threatened to ruin my life, even after you told me that you would never accept me as your wife and I would crave your love... Fine! Let's end this right here. I've tried to be patient, but I can't keep doing this if you're not willing to move on. I will sign the papers and give them to you."

I turned and walked away before he could say anything else. Tears streamed down my face as I made my way out of the hospital. My heart felt like it was breaking. All I had ever wanted was to make things work, to find some happiness in this arrangement. But Mihir's inability to move past his pain had made it impossible.

As I walked, I couldn't help but think about the irony of it all. I had stepped into this marriage out of a sense of duty and compassion, hoping that maybe, just maybe, we could build something real. But now, it felt like I was losing everything.

😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔🙂😔🙂😔😔😔😔😔😔

Have a nice day thankyou.