Chapter 13: Talking Steps

NO ONE'S POV

"Ikaw, Ate Aiah? Hindi ka pa ba sasabay?" Maloi asked Aiah while she was fixing her stuff para umuwi.

"Hindi pa, I need to finish this at malapit na ang intramurals." Aiah replied without looking up.

Kinausap sila ng Dean kanina and updated them about the upcoming intramurals, and since 2 weeks pa bago matapos ang pagiging grounded nila, halos silang apat lang din ang nag-aasikaso.

"Sure ka, Ate Aiah?" Stacey asked, now resting her chin on her table dahil sa pagod.

"Hindi mo ata pati dala ‘yong car mo, Ate." Sheena added, who was also tired from the tasks given to them.

"I can manage. Mamaya pa naman 6 pm ang last trip. I have two hours pa." Aiah replied reassuringly and gave her friends a smile.

"Okay, una na rin kami, Ate. Antok na antok na talaga ako." Maloi said as she bade goodbye.

"Take care, guys." Aiah reminded them bago lumabas ng office ang mga kaibigan niya.

Her work should've been finished kagabi, pero hindi niya natapos ito dahil maaga siyang nakatulog dahil sa pagod sa pagtakbo.

She did a quick run kagabi dahil ang daming tumatakbo sa isip niya lately.

Kaya ngayon, Lunes na Lunes pa lang, ang pagod niya ay pang-isang linggo na.

She was too engrossed in what she was doing at hindi na niya namalayan ang oras.

It was already 6:15 pm when she finished her work, and when she checked the time, she ended up clutching her head.

"Shit, wala nang last trip sa bus." she frustratedly muttered to herself as she hurriedly packed up her things.

"Magta-taxi na lang ako." she mumbled in defeat.

She wasn't too fond of riding taxis, unlike the bus, she preferred the safety of being surrounded by more people.

As Aiah made her way out of the school, she had to pass by the library.

Just as she was about to exit the building, she noticed someone groggily walking out of the library’s doors.

It was Mikha, who seemed like she had just woken up from a nap.

Her hair was a bit messy, and she looked a little dazed.

"Mikha!" Aiah called out, her voice breaking the quiet of the hallway.

Mikha, startled by the sudden noise, jumped slightly and turned towards the voice, blinking in confusion as she tried to focus on Aiah.

Dahil Sunday kahapon, napuyat si Mikha kakabasa ng isang libro. Pero dahil sobrang haba nito, hindi pa rin niya natapos, so she decided to finish it after her class, kaya tumambay siya sa library.

Unconsciously, she fell asleep while reading.

Nagising na lang siya nang gisingin siya ng librarian na mukhang irita sa kaniya.

Without checking her appearance, she exited the library dahil sa kaba.

"Hey." halos paos na bati ni Mikha kay Aiah nang makalapit ito.

"Bagong gising ka ba?" Aiah curiously asked as she observed Mikha's disheveled appearance.

Nahihiya namang napakamot ng ulo si Mikha.

"Ahm, y-yeah?" she awkwardly smiled.

Aiah chuckled at Mikha, finding this side of her cute.

After kasi ng pag-uusap nila noong Friday, hindi na ito nasundan dahil weekend, kaya this was their first time talking again.